mathijohn

2 Weeks In

Hi 2 weeks in and it's been hectic, but fantastic also. Were in OAA at Morphettville, very basic but it's a roof over our heads till our container arrives. Hubbie as started casual work, he's delighted to pick something up so quickly especially at this time of year. I did one days temping last week, but with him working the pressure is off.

Went to SA arrival meeting for new migrants yesterday. Couldn't believe there was so many. Had to rush off afterwords so didn't get chance to mingle.

Looking forward to our 1st Christmas here.

Moira

Guest Roo1

Thats fab Moira, I'm glad things are going well for you!

Here's to your first (hopefully hot) Christmas in Adelaide :)

Judi x

Guest Wes Bloss

Hi, hope the OAA isnt too bad, will you still be there for Xmas and where do you plan to be after? A few of us are planning Xmas day and Boxing Day at Moana Beach or maybe a little further south (maslin beach).

Hi

We have only been here three weeks as well, and we are also in OAA, but ours is in the city. I agree it's very basic, but at least its cheap.

We are going to be looking for houses around Hallett cove area.

Wes Blos - Are there any details about the bbq at the beach on xmas day and boxing day? We were thinking about going to the beach for xmas day, and it would be great to meet up with other people.

Marianne

Guest steveandmichaela

Hi,

We are 2 weeks in too!!! Arrived 3rd Dec. In OAA at Ingle Farm, it is quite grim, can't wait for our container to arrive, we should compare notes!! We too should have been at the meeting yesterday, but registered too late and was fully booked, going to the next one on 16th Jan.

Hubby still looking for work, so not sure where we want to settle yet.

No regrets, enjoying exploring and the sunshine, although yesterday was a bit hard going! Could do with some air con in these OAA!!!!

Michaela, Steve, Tom & Daniel (age 10 & 5)

Hey Moira, John and Robbie great to hear that you have finally arrived and that John has found work so quickly. Is Robbie into football? Because my boys play at Glenelg on a Wednesday evening and Robbie would be more than welcome. They could even take him to an Adelaide United game if he is up for it.

Howard.

Hi Moira, so glad you made it okay, I didn't realise you were here already as it doesn't seem that long ago since you stopped by for a drink at the cove on your holiday!

Won't be long before the OAA will be a distant memory.

Have a great christmas and enjoy your new adventure x

Hi 2 weeks in and it's been hectic, but fantastic also. Were in OAA at Morphettville, very basic but it's a roof over our heads till our container arrives. Hubbie as started casual work, he's delighted to pick something up so quickly especially at this time of year. I did one days temping last week, but with him working the pressure is off.

Went to SA arrival meeting for new migrants yesterday. Couldn't believe there was so many. Had to rush off afterwords so didn't get chance to mingle.

Looking forward to our 1st Christmas here.

Moira

Hi Moira,

Hope you are settling in well and ready for your first Christmas in Oz!

At the risk of sounding thick, What is OAA? We arrive mid Feb and have furnished accommodation arranged and although cheaper than a lot of places we looked at, is still hellishly expensive. We are planning to send our stuff off a couple of weeks before we leave so we don't have to spend any longer there than necessary.

All the best,

Guest LOOBYLOO

At the risk of sounding thick, What is OAA?

On arrival accommodation - you apply (3 weeks before you arrive - I think) to SA Gov. No guarantees you will get it and it's pot luck where you will be based. Basic but cheap for up to 12 weeks while you find a more permanent home.

Guest Wes Bloss
    Hi

Wes Blos - Are there any details about the bbq at the beach on xmas day and boxing day? We were thinking about going to the beach for xmas day, and it would be great to meet up with other people.

Marianne

not finalised any details yet, its mainly organised through this site, will try to get you some more info, Hallet Cove is lovely and will be good if you are working in the city, a lot of the homes have great sea views althoiugh the beach itself is pebbles rather than sand which isnt to everyones preference.

Hi Marianne, yes i'm not complaining about the OAA delighted to have got it especially at this time of year, apparently only 25% of applications are successful. Interested in the BBQ details as well.