ozzieclare2be

Divorce in australia anyone with info?

Can anyone recommend where i start with this one, i know you need to be seperated a year in australia before you can divorce just wondered if anyone has been through it here? thanks :)

Guest the4hopes

Sorry no advise, but just a big good luck to you, and I can help if you need to talk, well done on looking ahead and getting on with your life, you will have great things to come.

Laura x

Clare. it maybe a help to start here

http://www.adelaidefamilylaw.com.au/advice-divorce.htm

different circumstances and all that :unsure:

take care

Debbie

If both parties are of the same mind and you can agree about who gets what, you can DIY it and cut out those nasty expensive lawyers. I downloaded the forms, filled them in, got the now-ex to sign them and and an agreement about who gets what, in front of a JP, and it only cost the fee. Good luck.

you can download the forms fill em out or lodge online. You dont need your ex to sign them. You need to have been separated a year. If there is a child there has to be a care plan which covers health education visits etc, but its all in the info pack. It costs $480 ish off the top of my head. If only you signs the form then you have to appear in court when it comes to the day, but if your husband signs aswell then you don't need to. It is pretty straight forward. www.divorcepedia.com.au has all the info.

you can download the forms fill em out or lodge online. You dont need your ex to sign them. You need to have been separated a year. If there is a child there has to be a care plan which covers health education visits etc, but its all in the info pack. It costs $480 ish off the top of my head. If only you signs the form then you have to appear in court when it comes to the day, but if your husband signs aswell then you don't need to. It is pretty straight forward. www.divorcepedia.com.au has all the info.

wow thats great thanks for that rachel :)