wizzywozza

Birthday pressie suggestions for my wonderful 90 year old Mum??

Has anyone got any good/sensible suggestions as to what I can get/send/arrange for my dear old Mum for her 90th birthday?? Obviously at her age getting an apt pressie is difficult and it has to be something I can either send from Oz (and therefore not too heavy), or get delivered over in the UK. At Mum's age she has got/seen/done everything, but I would really like to give her something special to mark the occassion as I cannot get over there for her big day. I'm always sending her flowers so that's out, and it can't be anything too expensive as I'm on quite a tight budget. Her birthday is the 12th January ............. so please any good ideas???

Cheers

Sharon

Guest WoodMartin

For my Grandma's 100th I got a her newspaper from the day she was born. Came beautifully gift-wrapped. Went down really well at the party too cos it had all sorts of things like prices of food, sport results etc. Not sure on the company, but it was all done online so a quick search should throw up a few options.

Another idea (my brother did this) is to make a family tree - takes quite a lot of time though (he had all the info from the family tree already - Ancestry.com). He got it as a large poster but I think they come in all sorts of sizes depending on how much info/how many people or generations are included.

How about an audio book, if she has a CD player? The Book Depository does them as well as books, and she might enjoy just putting one on the player, putting her feet up and listening to one or two? Depends what sort of thing she likes, but most things come in audio form now - I enjoyed Chocolat and it's sequel Lollipop Shoes! Or if you want to send her something with an Australian touch, I've been listening to some of John Marsden's Ellie Chronicles - they're supposedly aimed at "Young Adults" but I enjoyed them as well!!

Diane