Sign in to follow this  
Guest LoveAdelaide

New regulations change for 887 after 1 Jan 2010

Guest LoveAdelaide

Hi Guys,

I got some rumors from friends that DIAC may change some 887 policy. So I then check out on the comlaw.gov.au website re this changes and I found this statement.

Schedule 2 Amendments relating to skills

(regulation 4)

[1] Schedule 1, after paragraph 1136 (3) (b)

insert

(ba) If the applicant:

(i) is not seeking to satisfy the criteria for the grant of a Subclass 887 (Skilled — Regional) visa; and

(ii) has not nominated a skilled occupation specified by the Minister in an instrument in writing for paragraph (bb);

the applicant’s skills must have been assessed by the relevant assessing authority as suitable for the applicant’s nominated skilled occupation.

(bb) If the applicant:

(i) is not seeking to satisfy the criteria for the grant of a Subclass 887 (Skilled — Regional) visa; and

(ii) has nominated a skilled occupation specified by the Minister in an instrument in writing for this paragraph;

the applicant’s skills must have been assessed by the relevant assessing authority, on or after 1 January 2010, as suitable for the applicant’s nominated skilled occupation.

Source:

http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legislation/LegislativeInstrument1.nsf/0/4BD460987FA1AD09CA25768D0007252A/$file/0928290A091201EV.pdf

It means that our skills that we obtained when we was on temp 495/487 need to be assessed again ??? I m not sure.