Adelaide reccie in February

Guest james185

Guest james185

Hi, my wife and I have a week long reccie in Adelaide at the start of Feb so need to see as many areas we can in a short space of time.. I would really appreciate some advice as to which areas people recommend to live so we can take a look.. I gather Hallett Cove is nice?

Thanks

Hi James,

If you are thinking of South Adelaide to settle then yes come and have a look at Hallett Cove. Around the HC area you'll also find Brighton, Seacliff, Marino, Sheidow Park, Christies Beach, Port Noarlunga, Woodcroft and Seaford, with Aldinga being the furthest south most people would live if they were to commute to the CBD in the morning.

I live in HC and find it a very pleasent place to live. Most houses have seaviews, there's good transport links into the city and the new mall is a bonus. The best bit for me is the beaches. HC's beach is nice but pebbly, so I go down to Seacliff a lot, which is a 5 min drive from my house.

Best of luck with the reccie.

Judi x

If you're not bothered about the beach, head over towards Flagstaff, Blackwood and Belair. They're off to the east/south east of the CBD and up in the hills with great views.

All the places described so far are about 30 mins drive from the CBD.

Hey,

If you like to be close to shops, pubs, railway/buses, and not too far from the beach we are in Oaklands Park..have been for 2 years and love it!

Dan

Hi Dan,

Where abouts is Oaklands Park? We're looking prob a lot further south than most - around Mount Compass but looking at other areas too, sounds good to be close to shops etc. How far from the beach is it?

Thanks.