Guest jen&ian

Panic setting in!

Guest jen&ian

Hi all,

It's now only 4 weeks till the shippers come and I'm beginning to panic about the seemingly endless ammount of stuff that needs cleaning, sorting, selling & binning:arghh:.Something that I just thought of - when they pack toys do they just pack toy boxes with eveything in or do they empty it all out to pack. Random I know, it's all driving me a bit mental just now:wideeyed:.

Jen:)

Hi all,

It's now only 4 weeks till the shippers come and I'm beginning to panic about the seemingly endless ammount of stuff that needs cleaning, sorting, selling & binning:arghh:.Something that I just thought of - when they pack toys do they just pack toy boxes with eveything in or do they empty it all out to pack. Random I know, it's all driving me a bit mental just now:wideeyed:.

No need to panic, im sure the shippers can advise, sorry i am unable to advise as no where near the stage yet!!

Anyway if it all gets to much im sure there are many that would swap places(me included):cute:

Anyway im sure you will do fine and best of luck with the move. All be forgotten when u tucking into your first ozzie barbie!

Guest stufi1997

I can feel a garage sale coming on..!! mind you one of the company's we looked at tell you to fill your wardrobes, drawers and any other space you can find with anything that will fit ...pans ,clothes,toys ..di da da da..so that it's cheaper for you to take up less space in the container.:).... ?????? i don't even want to think about it though :wideeyed: wow i lke the smilies though. Stu

I'm sorry to say when it comes to shipping it really is nothing special.

Boxed toys are put into another box, breakables are wrapped / bubble wrapped & toys like figures will be put into boxes to - its really no big deal.

We used Doree Bonner but I think that they are all pretty much the same.

Good luck

Angea

Guest jen&ian

Thanks for the replies ,

I know, I know , I just need to take a few deep breaths:cute:. I think the main problem at the momment that we are in school holiday mode, I just can't seem to get my head round what needs doing. Hopefully once we get back into school routine I'll be able to buckle down.

Jen:goofy:

Hi I feel exactly the same - All week now have been sorting out Hiding things and binning things (away from the kids prying eyes!) Its amazing how much rubbish you can collect isn't it? We have the shippers coming in less than two weeks now (and I'm getting really scared - feel like my life is being scattered far and wide along with most of my posessions - We have opted to bring very few big items, as I dont think that most would survive the journey being MFI babies so skillfully put up by my other half - NOT)

When are you flying out - we haven't booked flights yet but hope to be in Oz for 1st Nov :o) (By the way thats myself (Midwife), Andy my hubby (nurse) Thomas aged 5 and Oliver aged 3

Lindsey ;O)

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hi there

Poor you, i so remember that stress. But if in doubt, bring it is my motto. We used White & Co who were great and they packed everything really well. YOu might want to take batteries out of toys though ..... just in case something gets back ON and also for battery leakage. I was worried about my oldest daughters reaction to all her toys being packed, but she was fine about it. We brought them both a few bits when we arrived and they thought it was xmas all over again when we unpacked this side.

Be careful about packing wardrobes and drawers full because if it makes the item too heavy to carry, they will unpack and put stuff in boxes.

The only thing I regret bringing, was the bathroom wall mounted cabinet - all bathrooms seem to have plenty of storage and mirrors already there ... and we did bring one wardrobe with us, and nearly all homes here have built in or walk in, so our wardrobe is currently in the garage not being used and will be sold in time.

Good luck with it and I so don't envy you, but it is only a few days and then you just have to think about getting on that plane ....

Cheers

Sas

Guest dglamoore

Oh god I remeber those days so well - I felt like I was dejunking for forever and there still seemed so much left :arghh: In the end whatever got squeezed in came with us :huh: even loo rolls we had bought bought from good old Makro (god knows what aqis made of tha package :wacko:) It will all come together - it has too....so take a deep breath and let the packers take the stress!

Good tip about the batteries - Dawn had a crazy crayola spiro spider that chattered his way to OZ after one of the guys knocked the box and set him off :chatterbox:

Lisa

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Along with everyone elses tip I will add, if you dont want it shipped, put it out of reach of the packers!! I popped to Sainsburys for do nuts and came back and he had packed the complete cupboard with the "NOT SHIPPED" sign on it and was in the process of emptying the camping fridge that was staying to tide us over! That night I couldnt find the oven gloves!!! They were in the shipping, complete with a bit of Fray Bentos pie form the night before! Also they had packed the internet thing that was staying, we had to unpack 4 boxes before we found it!

sarah

Cool new smilies, I like them:chatterbox:. This one suits me!

Guest jen&ian

Thanks for the tips, I knew I could rely on you all to be the voice of reason:notworthy:.

Hi Andy & Lindsey, sounds like we are going out the same time, our flights are on 31st October getting us into Adelaide November 2nd. We aren't bringing any big stuff either, same reason as you.

Guest mOZzy

wow, so many leaving the country so soooooon

nope, i am not one bit jelous ... yeah right :jiggy:

can't add any ideas but i wish you 'little stress' with the whole thing!!!!

Guest nikkiandlee

Hiya,

I'm sure most people feel like that at the stage your at, can't wait to get to the point but i'm sure i will panick! great to meet you two at the meet.

I'm sure the shipping agents can answer your questions.

Keep in touch, have a few glasses of wine and a long bath to calm those moments of panick.

Nikki

XXXXX

Hi I know its a bit off thread but are there any more meets before we head off - It would be nice to meet fellow panickers (Not sure of the spelling!) Feel like I need to just sit back and SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Arrgh at the moment need R and R

Lindsey

Guest nikkiandlee

HI Andy and Lindsey,

When are you going?

There is one being arranged in Melton Mowbry (sorry can't spell it) on the 22nd of September at 6. look at the thread we want a meet too.

If this is no good or too far away you could always start a thread to arrange a meet that suits you.

Nikki

XX