Guest architect

Best time of year for job hunting in Adelaide?

Guest architect

Hi,

I'am an Architect by profession. I have got my 176 PR from SA. I will be visiting Adelaide in March to validate my visa. Is this the right time for new openings in Adelaide?

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Architect

Hi,

I'am an Architect by profession. I have got my 176 PR from SA. I will be visiting Adelaide in March to validate my visa. Is this the right time for new openings in Adelaide?

Kindly advise.

Regards,

Architect

I think the hardest time to look for work is December/January, as a lot of businesses close down or staff have time off in these months, it is also the eqivalent of the UK '6 weeks' summer holidays. This time last year I lost my job on 8 December and did not find work again till 2 February (office work), however there will always be exceptions to the rule and some people will get work in that period.

Guest architect

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for your reply. According to you how is the job situation in Adelaide currently.

Architect

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for your reply. According to you how is the job situation in Adelaide currently.

Architect

I tend to use the job paper (in Saturday's Advertiser) as a guide, as I buy it most weeks. I have been here 3 years in March and obviously things have slowed down since when we first arrived (but not to the extent of the UK at all, things are still positive I feel), my partner works in IT and nowdays IT jobs advertised in the paper are usually down to about 1 or 2 whereas there was a lot more when we first came. There are always plenty of adverts for nursing and jobs related to projects eg engineers, project managers, as there are a lot of infrastructure work taking place at the moment around Adelaide and SA.

I have found there is a lot of 'who you know, not what you know' in Adelaide, far more than I ever experienced in the UK and where I work on a large infrastructure project there are a lot of husbands and wives, friends, relatives that have all managed to get a job through the 'back door' so to speak.

Guest architect

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for the useful information. Currently i am in China and working here. Will be visiting Adelaide in March. Do you have a any friends circle who is an Architect or in the Construction field. Would be of great help!!!

Thanks

Architect