coolerking

Golf Society

Hi,

don't know if there is a PIA society but I'd like to either join it or set one up.

Any takers?

I have no ideas about where and when yet but I'll only be able attend weekend or school hols. If it takes off, I'd hope to get some sponsorship - very small for prizes.

I know I can get a fair few people already but I'd love a wide circle to come - personally, I'd be happy for ladies to play.

Cheers,

Cooler

Hi,

don't know if there is a PIA society but I'd like to either join it or set one up.

Any takers?

I have no ideas about where and when yet but I'll only be able attend weekend or school hols. If it takes off, I'd hope to get some sponsorship - very small for prizes.

I know I can get a fair few people already but I'd love a wide circle to come - personally, I'd be happy for ladies to play.

Cheers,

Cooler

No takers?

Ah, the partners won't let you in case you do a Tiger:biglaugh:

Cooler

Guest emmaandlee

We won’t be arriving until April, but joining a golf club will be a high priority!!

My OH is obsessed with the game, and after being a golfer’s widow for several years I decided to play myself. At least I can keep my eye on him!;)

Any suggestions for which course to join? He will be after a game the minute we land so best put some plans in place!:biglaugh:

Guest LEE & DONNA

IL be joining a club when we get over there and would be good to get a society going

Guest Admar72

Hi Cooler'

Like the sound of that count me in ill be in Adelaide in June i know its a bit of a way of but hey ho. Where abouts are you i will be moving to Norlunga/South Adelaide

Cheers Adam

Guest Carolandcraig

I havent played golf since i fell ill 3 years ago, but im hoping the aussie climate will help, so all being well should be able to build up to a round or two, We arrive next week so hope to see you all soon. Count me in!

Craig

Guest Django

Dude, I'm here now and keen for a game. Have to check the clubs haven't gone rusty. :biglaugh:

Guest mantis88

I'dbe up 4 if a society isthe only way to get regular golf ifnot a club member! Not sure what it will be like to get a society on the courses weekends though.

Guest ade&emma

I reckon i'd be up for it as long as its not too far away for me to travel. I'll keep my eye on the thread.

Guest Nick11

Hi Cooler - hubby would be up for it. If you want to play a round he is up for it. Normally tries to go Sunday mornings at Marion. You are welcome to come.

Guest mandmick

We'd both be interested. Don't forget the ladies!!!

We've been looking at joining Tea Tree Gully as we live in Golden Grove,

Keep us up to date!

Wow, thanks for all the responses.

I'm down in Seaford Rise so the South is good for a few of us. I reckon though, just getting started and then :)getting phone numbers means people can have :) game if they don't join clubs - not joined myself yet!

Well, I'll arrange something soon - first week at work and the little'un been keeping us up.

Ladies! Fine with me as my wife plays - do you want to sort yourselves out for a society and have some together? I'm fine with ladies (playing golf) but not all men are in case that get beat:notworthy:.

Cheers and I'll get thinking:)

Cooler

Guest Jen & Did

Hi Cooler my OH would be very much interested as he is itching to have a game but he is currently on way to England for buisness but will be back 12th Feb so any games going after then he would go.

Thanks

Jen

Guest Daniel&Kelly

Hi Cooler, i would be very interested in joining when we come out which will be hopefully soon.:daydreaming:

What does everybody play off?:jimlad:

Hi Cooler,

Not out till August but defo up for a regular golf society, would like to play all the courses in the area.

Cheers

Gary

Guest Carolandcraig
    Hi Cooler

Sounds good I would be interested in joining, haven’t played for a while but always enjoy it when I do.

Also I will pm you in relation to sponsorship as my company would be happy to sponsor the society's events as a way of giving back to PIA.

Cheers

Andy

:notworthy:

Thats great andy.

Guest Admar72

Yes nice one Andy and also great idea Cooler sounds like your have plenty of players for society!

just wish i was arriving sooner

Adam

Guest Guest75

Just a tip - I know the Golf Pro at the Vines golf club.

He is moving on from the shop and is clearing stock at very marked down prices. Might be worthwhile calling in to see Phil.;);)

Guest markbevjake

Hi Cooler

We arrive in March and having spend several hours cleaning the clubs for shipping (in the freezing cold) and with no job when I arrive a golf society would be just the ticket.

I'll get an eye out on the borads and maybe drop you a pm once I arrive.

Well done that man for organising it :notworthy:.

Mark

Guest MarkIngram

I also enjoy a good game of military golf - left, right, left, right - I'm in South Brighton and always keen to get out for 18holes.