Tamara (Homes Down Under)

Temp home for Dutchess the Boxer!

Hi everyone just wondering if anyone has used the boarding kennels at the RSPCA? I will be going away for a little trip to New Zealand and Dutchess needs to be looked after. Being a boxer she needs lots of love and attention so I just wanted some of your thoughts.

Thanks.

Tamara:)

I'd be interested to know if they are any good there too, as we are thinking of booking our Holly (the bitzer terrier) in there for a weeks break in June

Hi I have put our dog (kelpie cross) in the RSPCA she loves it and the care is excellent. Millie enjoyed it so much she goes to doggy day care there once a week. The only thing I would say is if you want your dog to board in the school holidays book early.

Guest Fire up the Quattro

Hi all

New on here but been reading all the posts, I recommend a company called Don't Fret Pets they put you in contact with an experienced registered sitters and they look after your dog at their home for as long as you need, you have a pre visit with the sitter first to make sure everything is ok on both sides. I think a lot of the time its less stressful than going to boarding kennels. They are based all over Australia, its certainly worth a look on their website.

Guest guest569

we used the kennels at Aldinga a few times. They let you have a sleep over night before you make your decision. they are well looked after and exercised.

The RSPCA Lonsdale have a policy NO ROTTWEILLERS !!!!!:mad: Talk about give a dog a bad name !!!!:biglaugh:

Guest guest569

FLEURIEU PARK BOARDING KENNELS (ALDINGA)

Location: FLEURIEU PARK BOARDING KENNELS-35.2957138.498HAHN ROAD, ALDINGA 5173, Australia

IT'S A DOGS LIFE. ALL BREEDS, LONG AND SHORT TERM, LOT 600D HAHN ROAD

ALDINGA. S.A. PH 85574340 OR 0417 805 705, INSPECTIONS 10-11AM AND

3-5PM EVERY DAY.

:notworthy:

Guest Guest75
    My family and I used the RSPCA kennels in Aldinga as short term accommodation when we arrived. They were very comfortable. Can't speak too highly of them.

You might want to rephrase this Meldrew - don't think it would be humane ..........for the RSPCA:biglaugh::biglaugh:

Thanks ever so much for your help...Passionate Pom and Andy & Lindsay especially. We took a drive out to Aldinga this afternoon and Dutchess is booked in from the 3rd of Feb for 3 weeks! They are charging us $14 per day for her stay. The kennels are bigger than the Rspca in Lonsdale and there are "runs" that an energetic (is there any other type!) Boxer can make use of.

If anyone ever goes down to the Christies / O Sullivan beach you can meet Dutchess first hand!

Thanks...Tamara!