Denise

Koala Spotting

Has any body got any good Koala spotting places? I mean other than Cleland, Belair, Cuddly Creek etc,,,, just any suburbs where you always get Koalas?

Mum, Dad, Aunty and Uncle are here and would love to see some wild Koalas before they go back to the UK.

Denise

Guest Roo1

Hi Denise,

3 Koala's were released into the wild (3 years ago) on the reserve behind where my rentals are on Erebus Circuit in Morphett Vale.

The IGA shop on the corner keeps a watchful eye out and usually writes on their notice board when one is up in the tree, maybe pop in and ask on the counter if there's been one sighted recently. I've seen quite a few over the years around there.

Recently we had one sitting on the roof of my Hallett Cove rental! :wideeyed:The people living there thought they were being burgled because of the noise on the roof, then a neighbour knocked on and pointed it out to them.

Judi x

Guest guest569

saw my first in Seaford rise this afternoon.:jiggy:was up a tree on griffiths drive opposite the ABC early learning center. :notworthy:

Guest Blue Heeler

Hey Denise.

You won't have to go far if you are in Flagstaff Hill. Below is photo taken recently in Hartley Street, Flagstaff Hill - just off of Glenalvon Drive.

The wee thing crossed the road right in front of us and grabbed onto the trunk of the tree in some bloke's front garden,then settled in the V and dozed off.

Have also seen them in Lyn Street, Aberfoyle Park. The crows usually harass them so look / listen for any crow activity up in the gum trees.

picture.php?albumid=52&pictureid=328

Morialta Reserve is usually a pretty good bet - and a nice walk too. Look out for the fairy blue wrens too.

Thanks everybody, I live just opposite Hartley Street so we will be wandering around later on the look out! Any new spottings welcome, we will be there like a shot.