minty

176 Visa non migrating family details

Ok here goes my attemt at explaining this.

Filling out the 176 visa on line and want to know how far to go on the non magrating family details part. This is just parents and brother and sisters is that correct? and is this for the wifes family aswell?.

Couple of problems though and this is where it gets a little complicated. Here goes -

My biological father walked out on my mum when i was very small and although i have his name on my birth cert i do not know his DOB for sure. After a bit of digging i have a date but know way of knowing if this is correct as i have never heard or seen him since i was a few weeks old.

My mum and i havent spoken for 12 years now i know her full name/DOB but she has since re married for the 3rd time so will i put on the visa her name now or just what it was ie my surname.

Stepdad (mums second husband) is what i called my dad for the whole of my life but was never adopted although i did change my name by deed poll but as he married my mum then i guess he should go on the visa even though he is now dead.

Lastly sisters, 1 or 3. I have a half sister from my mum and my not really adopted but name changed by deed poll dad who will have to go down. But also when my not really adopted dad and real mum split my not really adopded dad re married to a woman who had two daughters. Now we were brought up as step brother/sisters but in the eyes of the law we are not one bit related and now my not really adopted dad is dead do not keep in touch. Im thinking these do not need to go down.

Are you all still with me. So to elaberate -

Real dad with a possible DOB and know way of contacting what to do?

Real mum old surname or new 3rd time married surname?

Dead not adopted but my name changed to stepdad put down on visa?

Half sister to go down.

2 not step sisters but called step sisters from my not adopted stepdads second marrage after his divorce from my real mums marrage. And like i said he is now dead. Dont think they need to go down?

Now the wifes (if hers are required).

She was adopted so does not have a clue about her biological parents but apart from that just has adopted parents and 1 adopted brother. We think just these 3 are required as she has know way of finding out about her biological parents DOBs?.

No wonder we want to emigrate eh. If it does not work for us it certanly wont be down to missing family.

Any sugestions please

:confused:

Have a google for some agentas...Alan collett, Go Matilda and Visa Bureaux just a few...your first chat is free so these guys might be able to point you in the right direction...

sorry i cnt offer you any real advice...

HG

In our 175 app we put details of both my husbands parents and siblings (He's the primary applicant) AND mine. I wasnt sure what was best to do and since it said ALL non-migrating family without clearing up if it meant both of us or not I thought best safe than sorry.

On subsequent forms you have to fill in, it just asks for the main applicants parents and siblings (again!!) which is much more straightforward to fill in, so I guess they'll just take what they need from the online app. Hope that helps a little.

Ive given my thoughts on the below too for you...

Real dad with a possible DOB and know way of contacting what to do?

Perhaps send off for his birth cert to get his correct DOB (anyone can apply for that) or just go with what you believe it is.

Real mum old surname or new 3rd time married surname?

Her CURRENT surname, whatever that may be. Doesnt matter if its not the same as yours.

Dead not adopted but my name changed to stepdad put down on visa?

Put down as 'stepparent' even though not adopted.

Half sister to go down.

2 not step sisters but called step sisters from my not adopted stepdads second marrage after his divorce from my real mums marrage. And like i said he is now dead. Dont think they need to go down?

Don't put these down, like you say - he had them subsequently and they are not legally your stepsisters.

Phew.... good luck!

Many thanks for the reply Hazel. It backs up what i was thinking so i will go with it. Thanks again.

Hi ya

Good luck with this one. I can only give you details of what we put so hope this helps a little.

We put down Jason's mum's last married surname (she has been married three times). we also did not put her ex's kids details down.

Jason does not know anything about his dad apart from his first name and the fact that he went on to have further children, so we did not put anything at all.

His adopted dad died many years ago but we did not put him down at all.

His half sister from his adopted dad is on the paperwork.

His adopted dad did have other children from a previous relationship to Jason's mum but we know hardly anything about them at all so did not bother mentioning them.

We also did not put Jason's daughter on the application as she has had a few emotional problems (doesn't like anybody) and is in fostercare of her own choice.

Everything all went through okay on all of the above.:chatterbox:

Niki

Hi Niknjas, Many thanks for your help aswell. I think i am worrying to much about this so i will just keep it simple.

Hi Niknjas, Many thanks for your help aswell. I think i am worrying to much about this so i will just keep it simple.

I had a similar situation to yours and i only put down the ones that were legally related to me on advice of agent and had no comebacks yet! As for your legal father i would just put down what you think it is if you dont want to wait for his birth certificate.

If there is anything that you really cannot find out at all, then i think you would have to do a stat dec and get this signed by a solicitior...we had to do thid as i didnt know where my ex partner had taken my son...

Hg