Sign in to follow this  
Guest c4ndygirl

Newbie looking for advise please...

Guest c4ndygirl

:wacko: Help...

We have finally managed to post our completed forms after months of gathering paperwork etc...(i'm sure you all know what i mean..) Anyway, we posted our forms on the 3rd of August and have been tracking the parcel via the royal mail website as we paid for signed service, its been 3 weeks now - we were told 5-7 working days...... when do we panic??

Did anyone elses paperwork take so long, or are we just panicking for nothing, i've heard post can be a bit slow?

We have been looking at all your messages for the last 6 months, but only just joined properly so i can chat away now to you all.:jiggy:

Guest ali@51

Hi what paper work do you mean? TRA or visa proper? cant really advise on either as we chickened out and are useing an agent. But for those hardy souls out their doing it on their own it might help them to give you the right info.

:wacko: Help...

We have finally managed to post our completed forms after months of gathering paperwork etc...(i'm sure you all know what i mean..) Anyway, we posted our forms on the 3rd of August and have been tracking the parcel via the royal mail website as we paid for signed service, its been 3 weeks now - we were told 5-7 working days...... when do we panic??

Did anyone elses paperwork take so long, or are we just panicking for nothing, i've heard post can be a bit slow?

We have been looking at all your messages for the last 6 months, but only just joined properly so i can chat away now to you all.:jiggy:

Was the post for the visa paperwork or the TRA?

If the post was for the visa you probably wont receive confirmation for about 6 weeks even though it arrived.

If for TRA when we posted ours using royal mail all it said on the tracking was passed onto the australian postal service! so basically a waste of money.

You should receive ackowledgment of it but times do vary. Some have been within a week but ours took about 2-3 weeks from memory!

Hope this helps but without knowing what you posted hard to give any advice

Guest c4ndygirl

ooh speedy reply, thank you, erm we did the TRA back in May and passed, it was the 136 visa paperwork, the HUGE booklet! Just panicking if its gone awol, then we will have to do the new forms which are out in september...

Guest Aussiebound

We are also using an agent. Not really sure what you mean either, skills or the visa application.

Our TRA was sent and returned within 3 weeks. The visa was receipted a few weeks after being lodged in Australia.

Don't know if this will help you?

Sarah

ooh speedy reply, thank you, erm we did the TRA back in May and passed, it was the 136 visa paperwork, the HUGE booklet! Just panicking if its gone awol, then we will have to do the new forms which are out in september...

Well as its the visa paperwork dont expect to hear for about 6 weeks. We sent ours on the 25th JUly and agent said it can be aroiund 6 weeks to even get any reply! then upto 12 weeks to get a case file number!

Welcome to the world of waiting in limbo:wacko:. We all know how you feel

Guest Aussiebound

Sorry about last post, being a bit silly, not reading all the posts before I replied.:wacko:

Guest c4ndygirl

Ian your a star!!!:cute:

We keep checking that stupid royal mail tracking thingy and all it says is - passed on for posting in australia!! - like you said useless!!

I didnt think we would hear from the processing centre for a while, it just bugged me with royal mail.

Thank you so much - will pass on info to my husband who has been having kittens ha ha!!

Thanks again for help

:notworthy:

Guest stufi1997
    :D I would'nt worry yet, my mate's on the modl and that's supposed to be a couple of weeks but he's only just got a reply 2 months later. poor sod was about to give up but between the postal strikes and the backlog af applications i'd say we're all in for a long wait....! we'll all just have to keep each other busy,chin up.:chatterbox:

Guest soggy

Hi,

we semt our sir495 application on 21/06 and it arrived 28/06, we had the same propbem with tracking, we only found out on 16/07 when we got acknolegement e-mail. so thats nearly 4 weeks, took the money that day too.

Simon

Guest sarahsmartiepants

We used an agent and sent all papers by courier, they were with the agent within 5 days, the courier used tracking, we knew which plane they were on and which country, we tracked them all along it was strange the long list of places our papers went to before getting to Adelaide, at one point it said arrived in Mel from Syd, on tarmac leaving for ADL ! Our agent hand delieverd them as he is round the corner, so I knew they were there inside a week.

sarah

Guest c4ndygirl

thanks ever so much for all the replies, it just took us so long to do the forms, checking and re-checking, we just panicked :chatterbox:

i will let you all know when we get our e-mail!!

thanks again

xxxxx