Guest cosmonik

concerned and nervous!

Guest cosmonik

Hi all

wandering i someone can give words of advice or comfort.

I have applied for my state sponsored visa on 5th Dec and medical and x ray went off 2 weeks prior to that but as yet i haven't heard anything from DIAC regarding my application being recieved or processed.

I'm getting very nervous now as i am meant to start my new job on 8th April and really really want to get my one way flight booked ASAP as i now only have 12 weeks to get out there... arrghhh!

Has anyone else on here done the state sponsored visa and know how long the processing takes?

I now just want the thing in my passport to know it's all really happening and now christmas is over time is really ticking.:err:

Cheers

Nicki

Hi Nicki

Our state sponsorship took a little over a month and that is only because initally we got refused but then accepted within a week. Have a look at our timeline. Hope it helps.

Good luck

Niki

Guest cosmonik

Thanks nicki,

can you tell me how they let you know youv'e been acepted initially, is it via e-mail or letter?

Mine is the RSMS visa so the initial stuff was applied for by my new employer who then e-mailed me to tell me i could lodge my application back in mid Nov. I'm just nervous because the time sc ales have been so quick i can hardly catch my breath, and i wouldn't really mind except i've now sold my property and waiting to complete in next 3 weeks so really want to get the shipping off and flight booked but keep being told i cant book them tikll i have the visa granted.....so frustrating!

Thank you for the respomse though.

Nicki

Hi Nicki

If you've got your id number from immigration, you should be able to check it on the DIAC website. I checked ours daily for weeks as not heard anything and then all of a sudden it was there. We knew before the agent.

Niki

Guest PhilC

Most of SA seems to be on holiday right now - very quiet riding into the city this morning. So with the xmas period, I would suspect they've just got a backlog to get through - when they eventually drag themselves off the beach and back to work.

Phil

Guest kangomik

Welcome to Australia, well not physically more the work pace really. You just have to be patient.

Good luck