coolerking

Minus eight

Looked at the temp in Manchester and it was -8 at 7am today!

It was -7 a few times last year and there were also a few days on the run where it didn't go above zero. Sure it's getting colder in Manchester.

Anyone else think it's been colder where they live/used to live?

Cooler

Looked at the temp in Manchester and it was -8 at 7am today!

It was -7 a few times last year and there were also a few days on the run where it didn't go above zero. Sure it's getting colder in Manchester.

Anyone else think it's been colder where they live/used to live?

Cooler

its alot colder where i used to live mate...here 32 deg....Cheltenham glos -3.....mmmm i know where i would rather be....:chatterbox:

bring me sunshine....

HG

I would love to get some of that.Just like it's freezing there,with all that goes with it,it's roasting here,with all that goes with it.A nice change for a week or two would do me.Aint used to this,but am used to that!

Yer kidding Sue wouldnt go back for all the tea in china...much rather walk around in shorts, thongs n t shirt...rhan have tio get all rugged up just to put the bins out...lol...

But i have to admit when it drop to mid 20 it is a rather nice change...

HG

Hey Heaps Good,

Couldn't think of nothing better now,than trudging through the ice and snow,to a warm Boozer with a nice real fireplace burning to warm the cockles of your heart.But then i also could not think of anything nicer than plodding through the hot sand and falling into the cool sea on these 30 plus days we have here!All i am saying is a little bit of the other is what we all would like now and again.:jiggy:

Guest The Dimmocks

My car was showing it as being -2.5 today at 10am with the sun shining. The minor roads and all pavements are white with ice as the sun is just not warm enough to melt it away. I will certainly not miss it and can't wait to get some warm sunshine.

Hey Heaps Good,

Couldn't think of nothing better now,than trudging through the ice and snow,to a warm Boozer with a nice real fireplace burning to warm the cockles of your heart.But then i also could not think of anything nicer than plodding through the hot sand and falling into the cool sea on these 30 plus days we have here!All i am saying is a little bit of the other is what we all would like now and again.:jiggy:

Its what you would call the extremes of both worlds....:)

HG

My car was showing it as being -2.5 today at 10am with the sun shining. The minor roads and all pavements are white with ice as the sun is just not warm enough to melt it away. I will certainly not miss it and can't wait to get some warm sunshine.

You'll get plenty when you come:)

Cooler

Guest kangomik

:goofy:Spoke to my mother tonight, she says its forc ast to stay below zero ALL week:(

(Preston Lancashire area)

:confused:She reckons the heating been on full whack for 3 weeks now, she is now full of a cold, the roads are like ice rinks, its slippy on the paths, and before Christmas she had to dig snow off the drive and footpath outside just to get the car off the drive way:shocked:

I know its warm some days and i think back to yUK and colder days, but i remember being on the shop floor with wooly hats and layers of clothing, thats before we had to go outside to fix things

BRRRRRRR no thanks. Walked down the beach the other day in the nice warm water, blue skies, people saying hello, kids havin fun with kids they had never met before, free parking and totally relaxed...................... Blighty NAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Tee heee fancy being limited to 4 smilies... thats funny

Guest cornish Busdriver

-8 bloody hell. If it drops below 20 i feel the cold now and put a jacket on. Got the rellies coming out in 5 weeks, think they will notice the temp difference.

Hi, we've had snow on the ground now for two weeks and this morning on the way to work it was -8 C. More snow due tonight/tomorrow and guess what the local authorities are now running low on salt! God bless central heating!!!!:biglaugh:

Sold the house today so all systems go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tons of snow in Manchester at the moment - no flights in or out of the airport.

Just spoke to SIL, lives in Oldham and can't get into work and they have closed the office. The school I worked in for eleven years never closed for a day and is closed.

Blimey, global warming?

Cooler

Guest hel&sam

Congratulations on the house sale, major milestone.

i'm in oldham til we go in march, great fun trying to drive to work, too many sodding hills and both the kids schools closed!!! cant wait for tomorrow morning when its all turned to solid ice. Ahh well i shall enjoy it while it lasts this will be the last sledging i will do for some time. Wont miss the driving or the gas bills though, heating on constantly, dont do cold.

Helen. :v_SPIN:

Guest Guest75
    Hi, we've had snow on the ground now for two weeks and this morning on the way to work it was -8 C. More snow due tonight/tomorrow and guess what the local authorities are now running low on salt! God bless central heating!!!!:biglaugh:

Sold the house today so all systems go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!

That's a really big hurdle out of the way now!!! :jiggy::jiggy::)

Congratulations on the house sale, major milestone.

i'm in oldham til we go in march, great fun trying to drive to work, too many sodding hills and both the kids schools closed!!! cant wait for tomorrow morning when its all turned to solid ice. Ahh well i shall enjoy it while it lasts this will be the last sledging i will do for some time. Wont miss the driving or the gas bills though, heating on constantly, dont do cold.

Helen. :v_SPIN:

Staly Vegas to Oldham, you sure like them hills:D MIL live is Shaw so I know there is loads of snow.

Cooler