Sign in to follow this  
Guest soggy

sir 495 to 887

Guest soggy

Hi,

I have been looking through all the other threads on going from 495 to 887 but can't seem to find the answers to my questions, so to anyone who has been successful at getting an 887..........

do you need to supply new UK police checks ? hope not as in my case it would also need new Chinese police checks which is a lot of hassle.

do you need to fill out form 80 again ? I can do this but its so boring to do !

If i'm doing it online, which I am, do I have to get anything certified ?

my dependent daughter, under 18 when we applied for 495 is now 19 so do I now have to complete form 47A and supply evidence of dependency ? ( just finished year 12 and going to uni ) again I can do this but wondered if it is needed.

I will be talking to DIAC about some of this but want to arm myself with as much info as possible so I can ask the right quesitons and hopfully get the right answers, I have just paid international student fees for my daughters uni but they will give a refund if I get PR by mid March so am keen to get everything on my application right firs time.

Thankyou in advance for you very helpful (and accurate) answers:):):)

Simon

Guest Nick11
    Hi,

I have been looking through all the other threads on going from 495 to 887 but can't seem to find the answers to my questions, so to anyone who has been successful at getting an 887..........

do you need to supply new UK police checks ? hope not as in my case it would also need new Chinese police checks which is a lot of hassle.

do you need to fill out form 80 again ? I can do this but its so boring to do !

If i'm doing it online, which I am, do I have to get anything certified ?

my dependent daughter, under 18 when we applied for 495 is now 19 so do I now have to complete form 47A and supply evidence of dependency ? ( just finished year 12 and going to uni ) again I can do this but wondered if it is needed.

I will be talking to DIAC about some of this but want to arm myself with as much info as possible so I can ask the right quesitons and hopfully get the right answers, I have just paid international student fees for my daughters uni but they will give a refund if I get PR by mid March so am keen to get everything on my application right firs time.

Thankyou in advance for you very helpful (and accurate) answers:):):)

Simon

Only do ozzie police checks - if they need uk ones -they will ask(we weren't asked)

If you are doing it online - you don't need to have them certified if you are scanning coloured docuements.

Yes you need to do form 80 again - if you are doing it by paper.

My advice would be to apply online - paper based are taking 6 months plus - online are taking a few weeks.

I assume your daughter goes on your 887 visa and will not need a separate one - but you need to get this checked out

Nick

x

Guest Lulujim
    Hi,

Simon

Wow - that 2 yrs flew by!! :err: