Guest mayjess

Medicare, tax file number 2nd time round?

Guest mayjess

Hi, was wondering if we need to renew taxfile & medicare cards when we get back over? havent lived in Adelaide for two & half yrs, or are they still valid?

Thanks

Mayjess

Guest mayjess

Thanks for the reply, yep think its best to just ring them up to clarify were back!

Hi

You definately need to renew your Medicare. We went into one of their offices and had to fill out forms and provide proof that we had returned permanently to Australia to live (even my husband who is Australian had to do this). They then issued us with a new card to include the children as well, who hadn't been registered before.

I'm glad to hear you are coming back (I haven't been on here much recently). It's definately worth the effort, I've no regrets (so far) about making the move. Good luck with everything.

Anne

Guest mayjess
    Hi

You definately need to renew your Medicare. We went into one of their offices and had to fill out forms and provide proof that we had returned permanently to Australia to live (even my husband who is Australian had to do this). They then issued us with a new card to include the children as well, who hadn't been registered before.

I'm glad to hear you are coming back (I haven't been on here much recently). It's definately worth the effort, I've no regrets (so far) about making the move. Good luck with everything.

Anne

Hi anne, thank you very much for your advise, I am hoping that it all works out 2nd time around, its even more scary for us this time for some reason, prob because were skint! lol