Best time to visit?

Guest Fozziebear

Guest Fozziebear

Hi folks.

New Year resolutions - the year to get myself in gear etc, so investigating a visit to Adelaide for combined holiday/reccie, before exchange rate gets to $1 = £1.:huh:

Thinking I could possibly be in a position to do so September/October. Am I right in thinking it will be Springlike then, or is that more like November? Would like to get a flavour of lifestyle and do lots of sightseeing without it being too hot to move, but also be able to swim etc comfortably without being too cold - ideally!

Ta.

Guest hel&sam

hiya, we went over 13th october for a couple of weeks last year, it was really changeable, we had one quite cool day where i would have liked a coat or a fleece(but didnt have one) mostly it was quite warm thin jacket in the evening sort of thing, t shirt in the day, second week it really warmed up and we had beach weather swimming in the sea and slapping on the factor 30. Managed to see everything we needed and take in plenty of beach life.

Helen. :jiggy:

Guest Here at last!

My parents came for a 3 week visit on November 24th last year and had 3 weeks of good weather.

They were able to do all the things we wanted and it wasn't too hot (or cold) to be outside. The only unfortunate thing was they landed back in Manchester to 1 degrees which was a bit of a shock!

October last year was quite wet and cold on some days.

Sonya

Guest Guest75

I'd be coming over in mid October at the earliest I'd say,it was very changeable this last year.

The other way to do it is to come at the coolest time of year, say July/August - then you'd see Adelaide at her coldest. After seeing the worst you know you would be able to live here.;);)

Guest willfam

If you want it to be a bit warmer then November would be best. Also bear in mind that we have a public holiday early October and half of Adelaide goes away for the weekend. ( the previous long weekend before this is in June...for the Queens B'day).

Guest Fozziebear

Thanks peeps.

I think it is looking like November then.

Seems like a LOOOONNNNNGGG time to wait though, especially as it was minus eight degrees last night. bbrrrrrrr.

Just have to convince the boss to let me have three consequetive weeks holiday now!

Guest Guest75
Thanks peeps.

I think it is looking like November then.

Seems like a LOOOONNNNNGGG time to wait though, especially as it was minus eight degrees last night. bbrrrrrrr.

Just have to convince the boss to let me have three consequetive weeks holiday now!

Nip over this weekend to experience our extreme weather then :biglaugh::biglaugh:;)

Guest Fozziebear

If I set off for the airport now, I might make it there by weekend Tyke!

Wow, 37 degrees, 39 degrees, 41 degrees. I guess it feels a bit more comfortable up in the hills though compared to down near the beaches?

Mind you, forecast is for RAIN on Tuesday, and back down to 19 degrees on Wednesday I notice. Weather seems as variable from day to day there as it is in the UK - the average figures that websites list certainly can't give a true picture I feel.

You know what we are like in the UK though - generally we don't adjust our clothing much, our pace of life, or even our driving speeds to accommodate the weather. Do tempers get frayed over there when it gets to 41, or does this explain the very laid back archetypal Aussie - just going with the flow?

Well, just about to put the snow boots on to go to the shop.:dull: