Ashby Dicko

P85 form

Income Tax claim when you have left or are about to leave the UK.

Does anyone know if this can be done from Australia as it says you need to attach your P45, I plan to work right up to our departure date?

Do you have to give a foward address to your former employers so they know where to pass these documents on to??

Thanks

Guest WoodMartin

Hi

We handed our forms in on the morning we left the UK, putting our Adelaide address but our UK bank account. Money was paid into the account about 6 weeks later and calculations/confirmation posted to us here. (We had put our temp address which we'd left by then, but the mail was forwarded so no problems)

We got our P45s on our last day of work (we asked in advance) so this might be the best way forward. Otherwise I am sure you could post it from Adelaide, may just take time for your P45 to catch up with you? If you call the nearest tax office I am sure they'll let you know - it must be a common request.

HTH

Ali

Guest Nick11

Left a forwarding address of my mum. Filled in the forms before I left - when the p45 landed on the door mat she posted them off. Got money (cheque) in about 5 weeks and mum put it in the bank. Quite pain free actually considering you're dealing with the tax man!!!!

Guest ben&sharon
    Income Tax claim when you have left or are about to leave the UK.

Does anyone know if this can be done from Australia as it says you need to attach your P45, I plan to work right up to our departure date?

Do you have to give a foward address to your former employers so they know where to pass these documents on to??

Thanks

I arranged to have my P45 ready to collect on our last day and bought it with us. My OH was self-employed, so we didn't need one for him. I think we actually sent off our P85s in September (we got here in July), and we've both had contact from the tax office since, so it obviously went through OK. It's not something you have to rush to do before you leave, but just make sure you bring all the paperwork with you rather than shipping it..... :)