Fishing??

Guest sean

Hi everyone got my family over on the 20th of jan and my sister is into her fishing but i dont know much about it. Just wondering if you can hire any equipment anywhere for fishing on the beach or would it be an idea to go out on a boat? I am based at Hallett Cove. Thanks in advanced for any help.

Guest Guest75

Hi Sean

You could go out on a charter and be fairly assured of catching something - not the cheapest way though - $200 - $400 each depending on which charter / length of trip.

How about buying a few rods??You can buy some cheap combos for around $30 each.

You could also pop into one of the local tackle stores to get kitted out - costs a little more but the free info can be priceless.

My fave tackle shop is the Anglers Choice,Beach Road,Christies Beach.

They know me too well in there !!:biglaugh:

Hi Sean

You could go out on a charter and be fairly assured of catching something - not the cheapest way though - $200 - $400 each depending on which charter / length of trip.

How about buying a few rods??You can buy some cheap combos for around $30 each.

You could also pop into one of the local tackle stores to get kitted out - costs a little more but the free info can be priceless.

My fave tackle shop is the Anglers Choice,Beach Road,Christies Beach.

They know me too well in there !!:biglaugh:

We live in Seaford Rise and I'd like to take the kids fishing. Where's a good place to catch fish thaat's not too far?

We'll pop into Anglers Choice to pick up some gear and basic info - been a while since I fished.

Cheers,

Cooler

Guest Guest75
We live in Seaford Rise and I'd like to take the kids fishing. Where's a good place to catch fish thaat's not too far?

We'll pop into Anglers Choice to pick up some gear and basic info - been a while since I fished.

Cheers,

Cooler

It's a bit hit and miss on the beaches and jetties locally.

I sometimes fish on the Pt Noarlunga Jetty if it's too rough for the tub.

Most beaches will produce something - I often hit decent sized Bream on Moana drive on beach - about half way down + Silver Whiting and Mullet.

Rapid Bay Jetty can be good fishing I hear, not tried it myself yet though.

Talk to the blokes in Anglers Choice ,they really are helpful and keen to get that next generation out fishing :)

Guest Guest5035

If you want some mullet get some roo mince and mix it with curry or garlic and thicken it up with semolina....

HG

why give it the fish ?????

Stevo

Guest thekings

If you want some mullet get some roo mince and mix it with curry or garlic and thicken it up with semolina....

HG

Does this help to marinate the fish???:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh: