coolerking

Minus thirteen

Guest The Dimmocks

Well we in the Midlands and it is cold, not as cold as -13 more like -7. Benson in Oxfordshire got down to -18 last night. It is freezing. Some power lines gone down somewhere and they got no power, how cold must they be. The snow that fell the last two days is now solid ice, we must have had about 10cms at least yesterday. My hubby skidded and had another car hit him yesterday on a main road. Thankfully he okay. Will be so glad to be getting on the plane 4 weeks Sunday, and joining you all in the warm weather. Be a bit of a shock to our systems been so cold here, but I think I can cope with that :)

Well we in the Midlands and it is cold, not as cold as -13 more like -7. Benson in Oxfordshire got down to -18 last night. It is freezing. Some power lines gone down somewhere and they got no power, how cold must they be. The snow that fell the last two days is now solid ice, we must have had about 10cms at least yesterday. My hubby skidded and had another car hit him yesterday on a main road. Thankfully he okay. Will be so glad to be getting on the plane 4 weeks Sunday, and joining you all in the warm weather. Be a bit of a shock to our systems been so cold here, but I think I can cope with that :)

you guys will be ready for the big thaw out ion Feb when you get out here, its lovely right now...good luck with it all

HG

Having returned from Adelaide several months ago,to live in Manchester,have to say this current blast of artic weather has come as a big shock.

I am living in Worsley and the scenes here whilst wonderfully scenic from a practical point of view are a nightmare.The majority of people i know have not been able to make it off their driveways let alone on open roads.The gritting situation is bad,my daughter and the majority of pupils have been off an additional week,they should be returning next Monday,but no guarantee.

I have hardly been able to go out of the house for the last week,as the air is just too cold for my asthma to cope with.

The collection of snowmen and igloos have been very impressive and of course the kids absolutely love it,but the adults are fed up with it now.There seems no end in sight.

Sue

The local Co-op was virtually cleared out yesterday with good old british panic buying.

Guest Guest5035
    Having returned from Adelaide several months ago,to live in Manchester,have to say this current blast of artic weather has come as a big shock.

Sue

The local Co-op was virtually cleared out yesterday with good old british panic buying.

So on your way back soon then?? Stevo:skeptical:http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14406

Guest emmaandlee

-11 in Sandbach, Cheshire this morning. My work office in Warrington has been shut the last 2 days

Completely white over, and I am confined to the house after breaking my wrist after falling on the ice!

I might have to get the crampons out and go out foraging for food...I don’t think Asda have any husky’s to deliver food to your door!

Flights booked for April - at least this will be our last cold winter!

Guest The Dimmocks

We could do with some shopping, we running out of food fast. Think a walk to the shops is in order this afternoon when hopefully what little sunshine we have has melted a bit of ice.

Hope your wrist heals soon.

Michelle

I really can't believe what everyone back int he UK is going through Th mad weather difference is mind boggling!

I am so glad to not have to be going through that winter - we definatley made the right decision on the weather front!

If I could post sunshine I would.....

Wow, sounds bad in the UK at the moment. We'll skype folks back home tomorrow to see how they're coping.

Needs to warm up a little!

Cooler