jim&nik

Visa Info

Hi

Could you please help me out, I am reading about c/o being alocated before meds being done we have had our meds done 21st Sept sent off in Dec and do not have a Oz C/O. We are going for 176 visa and that was granted SS back in Aug, But the Visa Bureau say we will have to wait till 2012, But I see visa being granted to people that are in the same time frame as us.

Or am i missing somthing

Sounds very odd. I am not up to speed with the latest Visa info but if you have had your meds done you will have had a CO at some point to ask for them to be done.

We used the Visa Bureau and they were great with us maybe drop them an email or ring them and ask them to explain things for you.

Guest Nick11

Were you asked to do meds by immigration or did you do them off your own back.

If you were asked by immigration I assume that it will only be a matter of time before you get your visa. If you did them without being asked - you may well be in for a long wait. Meds are only valid for a year before initial entry to oz - so you will have to probably take them again if you don't get a co soon. As for getting a co - they say now it will 2012 - but from peoples timelines it does appear some are getting through. Did you use an agent?

There's nothing stopping applicants front loading (i.e. having meds and police checks doen before being asked) and before the timescales were pushed back to 2012 it was common practice. The chance you take is that they will expire before the visa process concludes, meaning they need to be done all over again, so unless you're confident the visa will be granted quickly now's probably not the best time to front load.

Jim

Hi all,

Yes we were asked by immigration via our case worker from the Visa Bureau to have our meds done, so we didn't do them off our own backs. Just wondered why everyone else had a CO??!! We haven't been front loading as dont want to waste money and thats why we employed our agent to do the nitty-gritty! He has told us to expect to wait or find and employer sponser!

Hi all,

Yes we were asked by immigration via our case worker from the Visa Bureau to have our meds done, so we didn't do them off our own backs. Just wondered why everyone else had a CO??!! We haven't been front loading as dont want to waste money and thats why we employed our agent to do the nitty-gritty! He has told us to expect to wait or find and employer sponser!

Just as a matter of intrest, who is your agent ? we had a chap called Joseph Tindle from Visa Bureau, he was brilliant and honest.

I would of thought it would only be a matter of time.:confused: