First Sunday of Every Month Meet Up

Guest Ledges

Thanks to the Ledges for organising today. :notworthy:

It was our first, definitely not the last. We had a really good day out at the beach, which is what we came to oz for.

It is great to meet with people who have been on the visa application / emigration roller coaster and survived.

Days like today make all that worrying and waiting to get here, absolutely worth it.

Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks Mel, Rob, Fin & Pip.

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
You would be correct with your question.

See you on Sunday the 7th March 2110

Rob and Mel

2110 - bloody hell don't think I can make that one :biglaugh:

We'll be at the one in April - don't malke it to Oz until 13th March

See you there!

Damo

Guest jsmgreen

Hi, my name is Julie and I am a mother of 3. My husband moved out to Adelaide to se if his job would work out, to fulfill a life-long dream! It has worked out and I am to sort out home (England) and move to a country/state I know very little of! I know this is far fetched but I land on Sunday 2nd April, (at 06:15am-so am betting I will be awake to meet at the beach!) Easter Sunday and I was hoping that your get together will still go on as I leave before the next 1st sunday of the month! I am only in Adelaide for 3 weeks. We leave 24th April. I would like to meet veterans and the like to aquaint myself with the areas of Adelaide! (OMG how british do I sound?) Please if the meet is going on, let me know. Thank you Julie

Sunday 4th April

Guest Ledges

Hi Everyone,

The next meeting is this Sunday (7th March)..same time, same place. If you're not sure of those details check out the first post of this thread.

Bring your chairs and sun canopies...they are forecasting 25C at the mo. If it does turn out to be very windy...(like last Sunday !!!) we'll meet on the grass area by the overflow car park over looking the beach instead.

It'll be great to see you all there.

Caroline and Allan

Guest bentkitty
Moderator - Can you consider making this thread sticky please so people don't miss it...we had 3 this month who didn't see the thread in time so making it sticky would really help.

Time: 1st Sunday Every Month 3pm

What you'll need: Depending on the weather you may like to bring some nibbles, a drink or even a picnic or barbie food..there are free electric barbies available although sometimes they are busy...or there's a small cafe.

Venue: Kingston Park, Adelaide - right next to the Brighton Caravan Park and Holiday Village ON THE BEACH...look for an Ozzie flag just down the steps and some beach chairs.

What its like: Its a sandy beach with a few stoney patches the sand stretches all the way to Glenelg, there is a car park and a kids park, a good amount of shady area away from the beach too and some loos. The holiday park is small and nice. Bring your dog if you like.

Directions: Proceed South from Glenelg along Brighton Road which eventually becomes Lonsdale Road, when you start to climb up the hill (its a very long hill) watch for the camp site sign..you get about 200m warning to turn it will direct you left down Schofield Road towards the sea. ...(if you get to Hallett Cove then you've missed the sign and you've gone too far). Keep following the signs for Kingston House and the campsite (its really well signed) until you reach the campsite/holiday village. We'll fly an Ozzie flag (it was too embarrassing with an England one)...just in case you don't hear the accents and aren't sure its us - if its very windy look for us on the grassed area to the left of the campsite.

If you want my mob PM me, I'll check for messages around 1pm (Sunday) and if you leave your mob number I'll ring or text you.

Caroline

Hi everyone - only just saw this, haven't been on the site much recently! Cant believe we just missed a meet up. We are in Brighton so will defo try to come to the meeting next month!

ps - Legdes, I remember you from the Migration Issues section (and the nightmare you had with your visa falling off CSL at the last minute), glad to see you here in Adelaide!! :jiggy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Ledges

Hi Julie,

Yes its still on...we will always be there even if no one else is ! It'll be great to meet you. The weather forecast sounds perfect. We'll be on the beach not far from the steps. There will be at least 6 of us (2 families) last month there were 20 of us, and the month before 54 !! So it varies a bit depending on what people are doing.

I'll have my mobile on so PM me and I'll give you my number. It'll be great to see you.

Caroline x

Guest Ledges

Where would we be without Mel and Rob.....thanks for being so dependable guys.

Looking forward to seeing you all Blinky, Taylors08, Messua and our old PIO friends Ben and Kitty on Sunday too..sounds like there will be quite a few of us again - GREAT !!!

Guest blinky
Where would we be without Mel and Rob.....thanks for being so dependable guys.

Looking forward to seeing you all Blinky, Taylors08, Messua and our old PIO friends Ben and Kitty on Sunday too..sounds like there will be quite a few of us again - GREAT !!![/QUOan uTcE]

Hi, can u pm or text me your number, as we have never been to brighton and we might not be able to find u... Thanks

I pm you my number the other day...

marie

Guest Messua

Looks like you all had a great time, but when Graham offered to decorate the bedroom, I could hardly refuse! We'll meet you all, eventually, I hope! :wubclub:

Guest Ledges

Thanks for the pics Mel. There were about 36 turned up this time ! We have another meetup this today....here's the details for those who fancy coming :

Moana Beach, 300m north of the surf club, 12:00 - Cricket on the beach, lots of families going.

It'll be lovely to see you there

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Ledges

Hey Guys,

Time for our next meetup....is it me or does it seem a long time since the last one ??

We've had a request that we meet on the grass this time...seemed reasonable so I've agreed.

3pm Kingston on the grass by the beach/park.....see you there. If it rains hard or anything disasterous like that lets meet at the Kingston House...just up the hill (they do cream teas etc...yum).

Caroline