Beanbear

Another 887 question!!

Further to the answers given the other day which were so helpful :) I wanted to ask about the form 80 which have just noticed they say they require for all applicants. We didn't include that but can presumably add that for OH and myself, but if I fill them in by hand and we sign them will that be ok scanned in, or would they require it to be certified? What have other online applicants done?

With the British police check issue, do you think we will be asked for those as we haven't left the country since we arrive two years ago and we provided checks obviously with our original 495 application? It would seem ridiculous to get another surely??!!

Thanks again it is so helpful to actually get the answers, as oppose to being cut off because the processing centre is busy and can't take any more calls!

Guest theforrests

Hi Beanbear

We are just about to apply for our 887 visa - where did you see the requirement for the Brit police checks? I could only see requirement for Federal police checks - am I missing something?

cheers

Regarding the UK police checks, it depends how long before you came here you had them done. For us, there was quite a gap between the police checks, validating the visa, then finally making the move. This meant that for our 887 application we were asked to submit new ones because the previous ones had 'expired'.

Jim

Guest Nick11

We weren't asked. Had them done in blighty for our 495 in jan - left in june.

Dont do them til you are asked -chances are you wont need them.

Regarding the UK police checks, it depends how long before you came here you had them done. For us, there was quite a gap between the police checks, validating the visa, then finally making the move. This meant that for our 887 application we were asked to submit new ones because the previous ones had 'expired'.

Jim

The police check issue was highlighted in an email the department sent to acknowledge our application, it said that we would have to provide poloce clearance for every country we'd lived in for the last ten years - had moment of dire panic - then read post saying they wouldn't want it because of our 495 checks etc.. hope this turns out to be true.

The woman I spoke to today (after holding for half an hour!) said they are processing the visas from a couple of weeks ago, so fingers crossed it will be quick, once we've submitted these damn form 80s (longest form ever!)

As I said, it depends how long it takes you to make the move once your visa is granted. We got our visa in May '06, validated in Feb '07 but didn't move out here until late Nov '07, and this was too large a gap and we therefore had to provide fresh UK police checks. This is the response I received on querying it:

To answer your question, since you came on your

> UX495 visa on 26/02/07, you went offshore for 255 days (17/03/07 -

> 28/11/07). For character requirement, the instruction

> from our Policy is to require a new overseas police clearance if the

> clearance certificate has expired and the applicant has returned to the

> relevant country for more than 2 months in total. Your original police

> clearance certificates expired on 04/05/2007, and you spent more than 2

> months offshore, hence you will need to provide new overseas police

> clearance certificates.

So, for most there won't be a need to provide new certs, but for those who don't make the move within the right timeframe, there will be.

Jim