Guest Rachel & Jeff

OMG - House sold

Guest Rachel & Jeff

I can't believe it!:shocked:

Decided to put house on market so agents could hopefully show a few people round while we were in OZ on our reccie as I hate the idea of cleaning and tidying every day before I go to work.

Left home 3.30pm Thursday and arrived in Adelaide 9.00am Saturday to a text massage saying we'd had full price offer from the first viewer:o

He is a cash buyer too so no long chain to go wrong.

It's too good to be true so I'm waiting for the downside now.

BTW - been here 2 full days so far and like what I've seen so far although it's doesn't seem as cheap as I expected.

Rachel

Guest massive

Hi Rachel

Good news on your house in uk was just reading your comment on it not being as cheap as you were expecting could you tell a little more as most comments on here a positive and i sometimes feel that it carnt all be 100% as my husband is full of oz offering us /the kids a better future although i think we have a great life here apart from his shift work not allowing us to spend as much time together as a family

Enjoy the rest of the trip takecare

Debbie

I can't believe it!:shocked:

Decided to put house on market so agents could hopefully show a few people round while we were in OZ on our reccie as I hate the idea of cleaning and tidying every day before I go to work.

Left home 3.30pm Thursday and arrived in Adelaide 9.00am Saturday to a text massage saying we'd had full price offer from the first viewer:o

He is a cash buyer too so no long chain to go wrong.

It's too good to be true so I'm waiting for the downside now.

BTW - been here 2 full days so far and like what I've seen so far although it's doesn't seem as cheap as I expected.

Rachel

Good news about the house. Glad you are enjoying the reccie. Does not seem like two weeks ago we were there on ours! Im sure you will have a great time. I assume prices that you refer to are things like houses? Prices are going up quick or the fact yo are looking in high cost areas? We found a mix of about 50% of things in oz cheaper than uk and the rest about the same.

Enjoy the trip and good luck with the house

Have been in Oz for nearly a month and generally I have found things to be far more expensive than I was expecting. I think when we came over we were working on the basis that we had £'s in our pocket but now that Richard is earning the same in $ as he did in £'s I am finding that I think about the prices of things much more. Australian people themselves say that this is a far from cheap place to live particularly since the introduction of GST. Having said that, the standard of houses, food, schools etc is very good so I have no complaints and willing to pay the prices, just don't think that you are going to come over here and find that you have lots left over!!!!

Guest mOZzy

that's excellent news!! and so fast :err:

AND being on your reccie the same time - you must be so chuffed!!!

have a great time and don't spare us the details ;)

Guest nikkiandlee

Hi,

Glad you sold you house WOW!!!!!!

Thanks for the info on prices, when you get chance could you give us all more info, but for now enjoy your rekki!!!!

Thanks

Nikki

XX

Guest Sharmaine

Well done! You are so lucky. We're having a few problems shifting ours. Chain broke down and so now have to re-sell. It's the only thing still keeping us here...:sad:

Guest Rachel & Jeff

Not only did we sell our house to the first viewer for full price with no chain, as we get closer to exchanging contracts he is now saying we can leave completion until January!:D

As we are still hoping to be on our way mid Feb this is excellent as means less time living with the in-laws:v_SPIN: and if we get the visa in time we can ship our furniture straight away.

Something has got to go wrong as so far it is all falling in to place too easily!:skeptical:

Rachel

Guest Roo1

Rachel & Jeff!

Well Done but I'm sooo jealous!! I'm still desperatly trying to sell mine back in the U.K. I hope your good luck rubs off on me!!!

J x

Guest dale_jo@

:cute:Congratulations guys, don`t think something will go wrong you deserve it,enjoy your reccie and happy packing!!!!

Jo