Guest caoimhe

Offshore visa's while in Oz

Guest caoimhe

We are in Australia on a 496 temp visa and my husbands company wants to sponsor us for PR. We were advised 3 times by the DIAC to apply for the RSMS onshore visa so paid $1368 for meds and $2552 to DIAC to be told our current visa doesn't qualify. We now needed to fight to get our money back because of this.

I know there has been talk before about people appying for visa while in Oz and then when they are granted going to NZ and returning to validate.

Can anyone give me some info if this is poss, we are wondering if we can reapply for RSMS offshore.

Getting PR is the difference between staying here and returning to Ireland and the whole thing has been very stressful. In fact part of me just feels like quitting and heading back anyway:arghh:

Any advice is appreciated

Guest wemadeit

Hi Jacqui,

we met a while ago at a Django do and we are on a similar visa SIR495 - where we have to live and work for 2 yrs (work 1yr) before applying - but we are very nervous about the visa given the todaytomight program the other night where 8 families had been decllined PR status - 4 for NO REASON. They were on various types of visa. Any info you get back, I'd be very interested in, as I am trying to get my company to sponsor me only to be told the job is not on the list?? We are equally stressed and feel as though we have been lied to by the immigration system.

Wishing you all the very best and keep us posted.

Tom

Need to 'bump' this up and really need info

Hi, I'd got straight to a decent Agent. There have been a few cases where applicaants have misinformed by DIAC staff but even after tribunal, they still were rejected (for their particular case).

Try Gomatilda, George Lombard etc

Best of luck

Cooler

Jacqui,

I'm sure some friends of ours went from a 496 visa to an 857 visa, but they did it over 18 months ago i'll check and get back to you.

Is the 496 visa sometimes reffered to as either:

Skilled (Provisional) Class VC

Skilled (Provisional) Class VF.

These are both qualifying visas for the 857.

I think your best bet is to ask your case officer if you can swap to a RSMS 119 offshore as there is no requirement for a qualifying visa, but as the excert below from the immi website states you must be offshore at the time of grant.

"The offshore RSMS (subclass 119) visa is for applicants who are outside Australia.

Note: Applicants who do not hold a qualifying visa can apply for the offshore RSMS visa (subclass 119) and lodge their application in Australia. However, applicants must be outside Australia at the time of visa grant."

That of course does mean a little trip to NZ of Fiji for all your family!!!!

HTH.

Paul.

Guest caoimhe

The UZ-496 and isn't on the qualifying list, but as it doesn't excist any more we went to Currie St and were told that as it was NOT on the disqualified list we would be ok. This was the third time we were told this. Hubby spoke to case officer yesterday and she gave us the number of an Outreach officer in Adelaide but trying to get through to them is another matter:arghh:

Its the wording:-However, applicants must be outside Australia at the time of visa grant."

that I am confused about. Does this mean that if we go for offshore RSMS and if/when it is granted we can fly to NZ, go to the Australian Embassy there get new visa put in passposts and then come home.....is this allowed?????:goofy:

Hi Jacqui,

That's certainly the way i read it.

I seem to remember someone else on the forum doing it this way for a different visa.

Good luck.

Guest caoimhe
    Have just pm'd you with some info - let me know if you did not get it as I sometimes have a problem sending pm's.

Cooler

Hi Cooler, got your PM and replied (just in case you didn't get it)

Thanks for your advice guys its much appreciated:wubclub: