Guest wemadeit

Importing Pets

Guest wemadeit

Hi All,

We have been in Adelaide for a while now and feel settled enough to start the process of bringing our dog over. We have been researching pet importers/shippers and narrowed it down to 2 companies who have impressed us:

Pinehawk Kennels & Livestock Shippers in Newmarket and

Golden Arrow Pet Exports Shropshire

Can anyone give any personal experiences of using either of these companies and were they good?

Also, after the months quarantine in Melbourne, we are toying with the idea of flying our dog up to Adelaide, can anyone recommend any companies who do this?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

cheers,

Tom

Also, after the months quarantine in Melbourne, we are toying with the idea of flying our dog up to Adelaide, can anyone recommend any companies who do this?

Hi Tom

We used to run a pet care business, part of which involved pet taxi service to / from Melbourne Airport. Most of the clients we were involved with used Jet Pets.

Guest angiestaff

we (or rather our dogs! lol) used par air to do the journey from heathrow to sydney (we chose sydney as it was cheaper than melbourne and there was no wait to get them in) and then after the 4 week stay used jetpets from there to our door in adelaide. both companies were fantastic, and would recommend them again

ange x

Hi

We used Golden Arrow to move our cats from the Uk to NZ a few years ago. They seemed pretty good and I think a few other people on Poms have used them too.

Good luck with the move.

Mariane

Guest the dobsons

hi

we used air pets at heathrow and took our 3 dogs there and also met the staff. they were fantastic real animal lovers and i recommend them

good luck.

Guest cornish Busdriver

We use airpets from Heathrow to Melbourn and after 1 month in quarntine we used jet pets to get them to adelaide.

Guest wemadeit

Thanks for all your help and advice from your experiences. Maybe we need to look at airpets too.

Guest rachinadelaide

We used Airpets from UK - Aus and JetPets from Melbourne to Adelaide too. No problems with either company. The cats arrived safe and well.

Rach

Guest Fulwood

I used "Whitehouse Kennels" to fly my Dog from Uk to Melbourne. They were cheaper than the rest and offered 100% perfect service. They are only a small outfit and the owner does all the inport/export work. She would ring you all the way and was happy to take a call at 8pm if you had queries.

Like you I went ahead and the dog left a month later, meaning I was relying on other people to do some of the running around for me. Whitehouse kennels looked after everything perfectly and left me feeling very reassured.

http://www.whitehouse-kennels.co.uk/moving%20overseas.html

From Melbourne to Adelaide I also used Jetpets. A quick tip I would add, is speak to Spotswood (Melbourne quarantine) to ensure they keep your crate. They will need this for the Melbourne to Adelaide flight and if its disposed of, you'll add to your costs when you buy another.

Guest mimasawrus
    Hi All,

We have been in Adelaide for a while now and feel settled enough to start the process of bringing our dog over. We have been researching pet importers/shippers and narrowed it down to 2 companies who have impressed us:

Pinehawk Kennels & Livestock Shippers in Newmarket and

Golden Arrow Pet Exports Shropshire

Can anyone give any personal experiences of using either of these companies and were they good?

Any help will be gratefully appreciated.

cheers,

Tom

Hi we arrived here on the 31st October 2009 and our three dogs arrived in Melbourne 2 days before, we used a company called Petair. They were absolutely fantastic and dealt with all our stresses so well, all the blood tests were performed at home less stress for our dogs etc. Our Dachshund is also a bit disabled because of back operations and the main man at Petair notified the Quarantine in Melbourne about her so that they knew that she needed special care, which helped me along the way. The people at Melbourne were great and really cared for them. I cannot advise re flying them from Melbourne because we drove there had an overnight stay and drove back the next day, just one long straight road. So Petair were fab good luck and I hope that your dog comes over soon because they do make it feel like home. Good luck

Guest wemadeit

Mimasawrus - thanks for your response. Our dog was attacked a couple of years ago and since then, she is a little wary of other dogs, so we are keen to make sure the company we use and the people at the quarantine centre are aware of this and monitor her carefully - your email and the other responses have made us feel a lot happier about the process - just really looking forward to getting her here now.

Many thanks,

Tom, Cath, Josh & Chloe

Guest mimasawrus

With Petair it was a really personal service so if you have any medical concerns they will tell quarantine before they arrive. When my babies were in quarantine I rang every single weekday and they never got fed up with me. The food they were given was great and they monitored their weight and everything at Melbourne. So although they were my biggest worry it all turned out well and now they are home with us here in Aldinga Beach they are so relaxed. Hope your baby comes over soon

after reading this has made me feel a lot better about bringing my cat across, the whole idea of quarntine terrifys me a little, guess it will be worth it in the end tho, any cheapish recomendations for an airline for my cat?

Hi

I'm just working through a budget plan, roughly how much would it cost to migrate a dog?

Also, do they need any additional vaccinations and are there any bugs like ticks that we need to keep an eye out for once we are in Oz!?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Von