Guest The Morleys

can you give us an idea of average monthly outgoings?

Guest The Morleys

Hi everyone,

I'm just doing in a bit of budget planning and was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea of what our monthly outgoings will be.

We will be renting a 3 bed house for £350 per week, what should we expect to pay on electric

water

house insurance

telephone line rental

broadband

council tax

and anything else that I've forgotten or didn't realise I'd have to pay?

Thanks very much

Nina

:wubclub:

Hi everyone,

I'm just doing in a bit of budget planning and was wondering if anyone could give me a rough idea of what our monthly outgoings will be.

We will be renting a 3 bed house for £350 per week, what should we expect to pay on electric

water

house insurance

telephone line rental

broadband

council tax

and anything else that I've forgotten or didn't realise I'd have to pay?

Thanks very much

Nina

:wubclub:

If you are renting you won't pay rates (council tax), and you won't pay for the 'supply' of water - only what you use. Water is cheap!

You'll only need contents insurance, our buildings and contents is $65 per month. Our phone and broadband is $65 per month (although you should budget more than this as we have a very good deal on with a service not available in many parts). We put by $150 per month for gas and electric and so far this has been enough to cover it. You will need to budget for Rego (car tax) which is around $400 for 6 mths but depends on the car you have. Plus your fully comp insurance of course (ours is $50 per month and we have a cheap, crappy old car, lol). We also pay for private health cover which can vary massively in price, depending on what you want. Don't forget school fees, petrol, public transport fares (cheap) if you need it, mobile bills etc. Sounds awful when you list it all like that! Eeek :shocked: