Sparky looking for a FT job!!!

Guest Guest3980

Guest Guest3980

Bit like that is it...

Ive got a start with Tyrone Electrical on Monday, an Irish guy runs the company and employs around 40 sparkies, there are a few british lads working there. Guess its just pot luck when you first arrive, I dont know anything about this company other than they do commercial work. Need a lot of work to keep 40 lads going.

Im starting on $28 ph + $100 pw travel, to port Adelaide but they have this Rostered Day Off system so you get an extra day off every month but its unpaid.

Hi mate

I think i might be able to manage 40c on a roof if theres a bar and a swimming pool. At the moment in our visa process we lodged our visa in August so at the moment are waiting to be appointed a c/o so hopefully not to much longer to wait, managed to sell the house not long ago and are in rented and ready to go asap.

So it seems $30 an hour is about the going rate, not to bad for starters does that include a van and pension and so on, how much goes to our mate the tax man out of the weekly wage.

Where abouts are you staying we have looked at a few areas on the net like Seaford, Henly, Flagstaff Hills they all look nice or do you know better.

Sorry to bug you with loads of questions

Cheers Neil

Best to get in with a union company and join the union as well (about $550 per year) when temp hits 37d you go home with full days pay (if they can't put you in an A/C zone) trouble is we only get 16 inclement wether hours per month but we start early so only use a few hours per day as temp doesn't get that hot till 11-12ish (unless in a heatwave)

comes in handy when the temp starts to rise!

RDO"s are normally paid aren't they ???? Otherwise i'd rather work it an get a full weeks pay.

I get paid $30 per hr and $120 per week travel (where ever i work) the company pays me 38 hours a week and keeps 2 hours back for my RDO's (Rostered Day Off) then after 4 weeks work i have accrued 8 hours RDO's and am entitled to take 1 RDO with full paythis is on top of any holidays i think its quite a good system and works pretty well here!

BamBam

Guest guest569
I get paid $30 per hr and $120 per week travel (where ever i work) the company pays me 38 hours a week and keeps 2 hours back for my RDO's (Rostered Day Off) then after 4 weeks work i have accrued 8 hours RDO's and am entitled to take 1 RDO with full paythis is on top of any holidays i think its quite a good system and works pretty well here!

BamBam

Thats what i thought;) so an unpaid RDO doesn't quite sound right.:skeptical:

Guest Guest3980

The penny drops!

The RDO is from accrued hours.

Someone enlighten me... Ive lived in two places since I arrived in Adelaide, i had a poke about in the switchboards in each property but there was no MEN connection in either. Where does this connection get made if not the at the switchboard??? The meter cupboard is all locked up so I cant have a look to see whats in there.

Ta