Guest safedisk

IELTS english test

Guest safedisk

Hi Everyone.

My wife is a nurse and is going through the process of registering with the australian nursing authority. When this is complete, we will be applying for state sponsorship(176).

She has already passed the english test, but on the requirements page of the visa it mentions that all applicants over 18 have to prove the required level of english.

Does this mean that i have to take the course as well?

Thanks

lee

Guest Carolandcraig
    Hi Everyone.

My wife is a nurse and is going through the process of registering with the australian nursing authority. When this is complete, we will be applying for state sponsorship(176).

She has already passed the english test, but on the requirements page of the visa it mentions that all applicants over 18 have to prove the required level of english.

Does this mean that i have to take the course as well?

Thanks

lee

Not sure what you mean by the english test, However what i can tell you is that your wife as the main applicant has to sit the IELTS Academic not the basic one, I dont think you have too, I havent and we were grant our visas. hope this helps.

Guest thekings

Hi I too am a nurse awaiting a 175 visa, I had to sit the IELTS academic exam for SA nurse registration only and not for the visa. We actually applied for the visa first and I only sat the exam because the NMBSA asked for it for registration. The rest of the family on the same visa have not had to do the IELTS exam. Hope this helps.

A bit late replying but we have just had our visa through (Dec 09) and only my OH had to take the IELTS test. Apparently they book up very quickly and you need to allow for the whole day being taken up.