Guest k8bug79

vehicle body work/ repair

Guest k8bug79

Hi, apolgies for the second career post in a few minutes, but two different subject areas so maybe different people will ask. My husband is a citizen by descent and looking for ways to change his career from chefing out in Adeliade. He is interested in engineering (see my other post) but another choice of his is car renovation work. This would be his first love but we are both concerned it is more of a hobby than a career. Does anyone know if there is plenty of this type of work available? My train of thought is that the cars are older and they don't really seem to be too concerned about them to warrent a whole career? Am I totally mistaken?

Hi there,

Not entirely sure what you're after here, but if you mean panel beating or paint spraying then yes, there are jobs in that field still. However, they're not very well paid and body shops vary greatly here. Older cars aren't particularly well looked after but "classic" cars are quite popular for some reason.

Guest k8bug79
    Hi there,

Not entirely sure what you're after here, but if you mean panel beating or paint spraying then yes, there are jobs in that field still. However, they're not very well paid and body shops vary greatly here. Older cars aren't particularly well looked after but "classic" cars are quite popular for some reason.

Brilliant thanks. that is what he means as a starting ground. He really wants to do pimping lol but needs to learn the trade a bit more. However my fear is that it will not pay enough. We are lucky that in Australia he will be paid twice what he is here as a Chef and therefore it is affordable for us, but in a job such as panel beating spraying etc he won't be as well paid as a chef and therefore we won't be able to afford it. Thanks I will let him know of your response