Guest Dean

Laptop

Guest Dean

Hi,

Is there any issues with taking your UK laptop to Australia or is it better to wait and buy one in Australia?

Cheers

Dean

Guest dglamoore

I bought a Toshiba wifi laptop just before coming over and works no problem Was invaluable when we first arrived to help looking for rentals etc so I would get one in the uk and bring over with you :D

Lisa:jiggy:

We are currently having our laptop upgrading to bring over with us.... As Lisa said i bet they are invaluble when you first arrive!!

Dan and Steph

Guest Dean

Thanks Guys. I don't know how I got it into my head that bringing over a UK laptop wouldn't work.

Are there lots of wifi points in Adelaide then?

Cheers

Dean

Guest dglamoore

If you join the local library (which is free) you can use their pc's if you book a slot but the larger ones (seaford I know is one) you can take your wifi laptop with you and get up to 8 hours a day free :jiggy:

Guess where we lived for the first few weeks ;)

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Guest Dean

Cheers for the information...

I wouldn't have thought of that, but I believe that I will be spending quite a few hours in the library also.. If I manage to get a new laptop this is!

:o

Guest massive

if we brought our own laptop over with us how easy is it to get internet access once we arrive?? we have been told that the internet is invaluable to access rentals and estate agents ect, not being a computer whizz kid, how easy is it to set up and what are the costs??? any info would be appreciated.......

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Before we came hubby found a website with wi fi hotspots,cant remember what it is called though sorry. Try on lisas "adelaide bound"...its probably listed in the links.

I know there was on on the corner of king william st, cant remember the other st!!!:err:

sarah