Guest Martin and Val

Help and advice needed

Guest Martin and Val

Wasn't really sure where to put this question so I opted for a new thread here.

My parents are very soon to arrive here for the holiday of a lifetime and soon after they leave Val and I have to return to England as Val's mother isn't very well and we are also including a trip to Norway to see our new granddaughter who has just been born in Norway. We've purchased the tickets at a reasonable price via Melbourne and Hong Kong but we haven't taken out any insurance policy. Does anyone have any recommendations for a travel insurance policy? We don't leave until mid April so we have a bit of time to sort something out.

Thanks to the ever helpful members of PIA.

Martin

Guest Aussie pat

Some credit cards offer free travel insurance thru your bank. It might be worth checking if yours offers any cover. Obviously you'd need to check that the cover offered under these schemes is adequate.

Guest Aussie pat

Just spoken to my husband who's going to UK for brief visit to his mother, and he took out insurance with AAMI online. He didn't do an exhaustive search, but their rates were better than the travel agents' and cover just as good.

Guest Martin and Val

Many thanks for your advise, we now have to decide where we get it from.

Cheers

Martin