Guest mandmick

More on baby car seats...!!!

Guest mandmick

Just bought a quinny buzz with maxi cosi capsule whilst overseas on holiday.. was going to buy the ISOFIX attachment but have since heard it's illegal in Australia??!! yet approved everywhere else! Does this mean I can't use the maxi cosi without the base too, just a a rear facing car seat???

Need to get an urgent refund on my lovely new pram and car seat if that's the case!!

I don't know about the rules on the isofix system to be honest, and obviously you only find it in newer cars and even then, not all of them.

I used a maxi cosi car seat for my baby, but strictly speaking was not leagal as it does not have the tether strap that goes into the boot. They do sell capsules here and more brands are becoming available but the base bit has the tether thingy.

Guest mandmick

Thanks! so do I buy the base here? there's one with or without iso fix.. or can I can get one there?

So confusing!!!

Guest Sallyanne

I have the same travel system as you which my sister in law looked at in Australia and told me that the maxi cosi was illegal. I'm not in Australia at the moment but I have the base that uses a seat belt to keep it down. It is very easy to use as the top just clips on and off. It seems extremely safe to me, I'm about to use it for the 3rd time. Personally I think they are better than the ones I've used when I've been home in Australia, they meet all European standards so I'm not sure what is wrong with them. As an Australian, I think that they have got it wrong on these!!

Guest Sallyanne

Sorry forgot to add, you can just use it without the base. The seat belt will hold it place. The base just makes it easier!