Much More time together here.

sueoc

Dunno 'bout other people but me and OH have never been out so much in our lives since we arrived here in Adelaide.It's great,even though we are both working harder than we did in the UK.It's inexplicable in some ways,but if we can get out even for a couple of hours of an evening,then we do!Back home we just couldn't be asred.It's good in that respect,the weather gives you an urge to get out of the house!:)

totaly agree with you. In the UK we did spend loads of time together as a family but in the house as it was too much hard work and too expensive to go out anywhere, here we always have a family day on a sunday (I work 1 sunday in 4) and the majority of the time it cost us fuel to get there. We always take a picnic which saves money and I thinj we are all closer now enjoying life more, certainly the children are getting more out of life. We both work and the little children go to childcare whereas in the UK OH worked around my hours so there was always one of us home but despite this it works so much better and we get put loads more.

Guest kelv&haley

weve only been here 3 months,and in uk, the kids were in bed when oh went to work and having their baths getting ready to go back to bed in the evening when he got home from work,then it was a shift change and i'd go out to work for a few hours each evening,and all that was just covering the bills............here oh is home in time for afternoon school run and i dont work at all, we get to spend soooo much more time together as a family,so for us so far the lifestyle on offer to our family is amazing,and obviously cost nothing to take the kids to the beach/park etc,so after 3 months we would have to say this is the best thing we could have done for our family unit.

Guest kangomik

:biglaugh:Life's hard here

Don't tell everyone.

I wanted a quiet weekend this weekend ( saying that they still had a sleep over and we had to go out to the cinema, and all the kids have been in or out or in the house all day!)

, it feel's like you never get a weekend. Visiting people, visiting neighbours, Barbies, Kids activities.

:skeptical:Bloody hell i do miss nights of corry, stenders, and the BIll NOT

Life passes so quickly in the UK, here you have to be sprinting to keep up with life......... outside of work of course:biglaugh:

Do you think friendly people nd nice weather has something to do with it?:arghh:

Guest angiestaff
Dunno 'bout other people but me and OH have never been out so much in our lives since we arrived here in Adelaide.It's great,even though we are both working harder than we did in the UK.It's inexplicable in some ways,but if we can get out even for a couple of hours of an evening,then we do!Back home we just couldn't be asred.It's good in that respect,the weather gives you an urge to get out of the house!:)

me n hubby have said exactly the same thing, many a time in the uk we couldn't be bothered to go as often it was cold/raining/ just bloody miserable basically! lol

we would never have sat out as much in the garden either if we'd have remained in birmingham, even in winter here last year we sat out most nights (we have the good fortune to have most of the garden under cover) admittedly i was sitting very close to henry (my name for the patio heater! ;))

u gotta love australia :jiggy:

ange x