Sign in to follow this  
Guest juleznscott

Finance Jobs

Guest juleznscott

Hi apologies if this has been covered before but I dont seem to be able to find out much information on the internet.

I currently work for a large finance company known worldwide (but with no offices in SA) and am studying qualifications to become a financial advisor. My company dont actually provide advice although they are supporting me to train. My query is that we are hoping to move over to Australia in around 3 1/2 years when my boyfriend is qualified as an Engineer with 12 months experience behind him. Has anyone any advice on the best route I could take to ensure when I move over I will be able to find a suitable job?

I know my advisor qualifications in the UK will be pointless over there even if I do go on to work and gain experience in the role over here so is there any Australian examinations I can sit via distance learning that will give me a little head's up when we move over. I have always been quite motivated to learn and wouldn't mind the extra work or expense at the moment as I have a few years to plan for it.

If anyone is in a similar role or knows of anyone in a smiliar position would you be able to give me any advice? Please :-)! Otherwise Im thinking if all I can gain over there is an admin job then there isn't much point me paying for the exams Im taking over here at present.

Thanks for all your help and for everyone thats read this!

Julie

Guest Chelseadownunder

Hi Julie

I am a financial planner in Adelaide. I have been in a similar situation. I distance learnt PS146 from the UK which worked a treat and allowed me to become a financial adviser in Adelaide. I studied with Pinnacle.

Its suprising how so much is similar over here. Suitabilty letters have almost the same wording here. Infact the advice process is very similar.

Tax etc is different but fairly straight forward to learn.

I want to wish you well and hope things work out for you.

Kindest regards

Steve

Guest scmercer

Hi Julie

I worked in pensions and finance in the UK for 10 years and had FPC and Diploma in pensions, neither my qualifications or my experience is of any use here and I have been unable to find work. To work in finance you would have to take Australia's equivalent of FPC so I believe.

Hope this is of some help.

Sheila

Guest juleznscott

Hi Chelsea Down Under... I just wondered if you had a link to the Pinnacle website I seem to be having trouble finding it on google.

There seems to be other companies that are offering the course however Iv been recommended to go via Pinnacle with someone else.

Thanks for everyone's advice!

Guest juleznscott

Just wanted to add I found the course:

Diploma of Financial Services (FP) :: Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Financial Planning Education PS146 RG146

Thought Id add the link for anyone looking in the future. Im going to get my CF qualifications finished here in the UK this year and then hopefully sign up for that by the end of the year. Id like to go on to do the Advanced Diploma following on from that even if Im still studying when I move over there. In the mean time I'll have to push myself to finish my qualifications here and gain some experience!

Thanks Everyone!