Guest familygood

One week in!!

Guest familygood

Well, we arrived last Wednesday morning so have been here now just over a week. Feels like a month and an hour at the same time!!

The flights were ok... the first one was good on the airbus but the second one not so great.. Wouldn't fly with Cathay Pacific again - bad food, terribly small seats, kept all the lights off the whole way (?!) etc. but we made it!

Staying in Port Noarlunga which seemed so far away when we got picked up but now realise its not that far and such a great area to be in. So much so we have already got a rental in Christies Beach for 12 months+ which is great.

The people have been great especially those from off here which has been a god send. Don't feel like we are on our own at all! Have already met some great people. Re-acclimatising to Oz has taken a bit longer and managed to get burnt 3 days in... really stupid as we have spent a year over here before so should know better than to direspect the sun even if it is cloudy!! Luckily though we had covered Grace in factor 50!!!

So we have sorted most things driving licenses, medicare, rental, just the car to get, the nursery to sort and then the dreaded job search begins in a week or so.. But feel really confident that it will work out - I know we will do anything to keep us here!!

I don't think we realised how much we has missed this place until we came back and it just feels so right that we are here. Grace is absolutely loving it and settling in really well.

The 'natives' so far have been nothing but friendly helpful and so glad for us that we have moved over. I expect we will come across the ones that dont feel this way but for now it has been a very nice gentle welcome!

Anyway, to sum it up I am looking out over the sea with a gentle breeze coming through the open door with a tired out little one from running in the sun and life feels very good. Hope it continues!!

Thats amazing Emma I am so glad you are settling in well. You have done so much already which must be a huge relief! especially in your condition.

Tell Graham to get going on the job serach as it can sometimes take weeks if not months to get one, but you never know.

Good luck and will see you soon

X

Hi ya

Congratulations on your first week. We have been here same amount of time. we are in Christies Beach. Walked to Port Noarlunga the other and it looks lovely. Jason and i got burnt the other day but he's suffering as his feet burnt. The kids think it's great. I know what you mean about feeling like you have been here forever and it just being a short amount of time. We feel like we should have done more already. We have got medicare sorted, centrelink, tax number, joined library and sent emails off to work contacts that we spoke to before coming over here. Just waiting to hear. Bought laptop over but can't use it here unless use it in library and then only about 20 mins or can use the internet in the computer place off Beach Road where $5 for an hour. All needs doing but hard to know what to prioritise first as all equally important. Once heard from the job contacts, will enrol Charlie in school. Got paperwork for rentals yesterday to have a look at.

Good luck with the rest of it

Niki

Emma, lovely to meet you guys on the beach the other day. Glad you're settling in so well.

Niki, the McDonalds on the corner of Beach Road and Dyson Rd has free wifi, if you to save your $5 an hour!

Guest Stacey

Hi, welcome to Adelaide.

You've done a lot in your first week, it's hectic I remember that much about ours.

Good luck with the rest of the plans.

Stacey

Guest guest3462

vodafone have broadband dongles on special at $79 n the coolonades, the reception for port noarlunga is really good too, an idea to get you on broadband at home til you get started for real xxx ps I have 2 little girls 3 and 4 if you ever fancy a play date, we are in Aldinga beach so nit too far and the girls love the fort in port noarlunga x

Hi

Thanks Tamara, been taking my laptop in but only allowed 30gigs (think I've got that right) so sign onto my skype send one message, send one email and that's me done. I'm in the computer shop off Beach Road at the mo and I just walk in now and they wave me over.

Will also take it into MacDonalds next time - thanks Catrin

Priced up the broadband things the other day. Think we will invest in one once J has definately got his job. One of them is ringing us back Monday to arrange a meeting and the other one was out of the office this morning so will give them another call later - thanks Churches

Going to get ourselves sorted a bit more and then would definately like to meet up if anybody is up for it.

Niki

Guest joolz

Hi all,

We are looking to locate to this area in June, we are first renting with Roo rentals in Morphett Vale for 6 weeks. It will be interesting to keep in touch with all of you to see how you get on over the next few weeks so please keep posting!!!

I've already got some top tips in these few posts:)thank you!!

Best of luck in the job front and look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.:jiggy:

Julia(41)Admin, Gary(41)Carpenter/Joiner, Ellie(11) and Max(10)