Guest cherryn

Utilities

Guest cherryn

Can anyone help me with this query i have about utilities , we have just got ourselves a 6 month rental and on the form it had whether we wanted the agent to arrange gas/electric/phone etc so we ticked these.

Now we have the utilities ringing us up asking when they can gain access to connect our electricity and we have to wait it between 7am and midnight is this for real or is someone taking the Michael.

We dont get the keys until the Friday and it seems all another hassle to add to the list.:arghh:

Yes,it can be hassle at first.We,ve done away with house phones and gas in our second rental.Sick of incorrect bills from other properties,then using all our credit trying to sort out(without success)Passing problems from pillar to post is often the name of the game here with these useless big utility companies.The only one i,d recommend is my internet supplier Adam Internet,good helpline and efficient.

Yes this happens. I'd always sort your own suppliers out though, or you'll end up paying a fortune. For gods sake don't let Telstra do anything until you've checked out what other phone/ internet services are available!!