HEAPS GOOD !!!

SatNavs upto $250...

Hi guys wanna pick some brains.....the mrs and i are looking at buying a SatNav to help us get around for our jobs.:)

Can anyone offer some advice on whats good and whats nopt so good...for the rpice rnage we have quoted.

Many thanks :notworthy:

HG

We have a tom tom one which is perfectly adequate and I think they are around the $200 ish mark. We bought it when we first arrived so dont really use it that much around Adelaide but we do use it when we go camping and it does its job!

i had a sat nav but got cheesed off with the voice saying turn left when i couldnt....and dont get me started about the part where sat nav cant find roads:arghh:..so mine went to sat nav heaven...so out come the adelaide road map sooo much better but to be honest getting around adelaide is quite easy just remember the city centre is a mile square and all major roads branch off that also hills to the east sea to the west and you cant get lost

happy driving

alex

Guest thekings

I'm surprised you can get tom tom sat nav over in Australia.......I'd have though it would have been called bruce bruce :biglaugh:tumbleweed.gif

Guest kangomik

I use a tom tom from the uk with a card offa ebay. They take a while to get satelite linkage but once found its good.

Mt Gambier theres only really two roads, and they are straight.

Good for getting back from the riverlands down the back road the other side of the murray, untill Swan reach ferry was out then it crapped it self sending me all the way back, untill you ignore and move down to Walkers flat.

Don't know about broken hill.

But they are great for gorge road, montecute etc, when you never just know how sharp that next corner is.

Good for when your lost and do not have a complete sa road map.

I use a tom tom from the uk with a card offa ebay. They take a while to get satelite linkage but once found its good.

Mt Gambier theres only really two roads, and they are straight.

Good for getting back from the riverlands down the back road the other side of the murray, untill Swan reach ferry was out then it crapped it self sending me all the way back, untill you ignore and move down to Walkers flat.

Don't know about broken hill.

But they are great for gorge road, montecute etc, when you never just know how sharp that next corner is.

Good for when your lost and do not have a complete sa road map.

thanks for that KM....

Guest Carolandcraig

If your still after a sat nav, theres a tom tom one for sale in the second hand shop in adelaide train station, it was marked up at $199 saw it this morning.

Guest thekings
    If your still after a sat nav, theres a tom tom one for sale in the second hand shop in adelaide train station, it was marked up at $199 saw it this morning.

I take it you've arrived safely then :)smiley-happy110.gif

Thanks mate....were down at Seaford so would mean a trip to the city.....i aint knocking the City i find it a beautiful place...

HG

Thanks mate....were down at Seaford so would mean a trip to the city.....i aint knocking the City i find it a beautiful place...

HG

We bought this one

GARMIN - NUVI 1250 GPS Navigation 3.5" Screen | Portable Navigation, Navigation - 3.5" Screen : JB HI-FI

We've found it to be great and it can cope with the Expressway:)

Cooler