Best performing super fund

Guest Nick11

Wonder if any of the financial gurus could point me in the right direction. I have 2 super funds from previous jobs and having started another job - I'm wondering which is the better one to keep. They are with statewide and super sa. Is there a website etc which could compare the two - prefably in plain english.:biglaugh:

Cheers

Nick

x

Wonder if any of the financial gurus could point me in the right direction. I have 2 super funds from previous jobs and having started another job - I'm wondering which is the better one to keep. They are with statewide and super sa. Is there a website etc which could compare the two - prefably in plain english.:biglaugh:

Cheers

Nick

x

do you want to know which has been best in the past or which will be best in the future ?:):)

Simon

Would love to know in the future...have you got a crystal ball hun.

No basically just wanted to know which one cost the most in admin fees etc and their returns for the past year. I heard that super industry funds have lower overheads etc.

Just don't know which one to cash in and transfer to the other one. Not a lot in either - about $2000 in each- so don't want to leave it and it all be ate up by admin charges.

Any words of wisdom?

Don't worry Nick, unfortunately that is the same as the majority of people. The thing that makes it even worse is the adverts from Industry funds devaluing Financial Advice.

Anyway enough of that, lol. If you PM me the name of the funds within each Super where the money is invested ie Statewide Growth fund etc and your D.O.B and email I will send you a report on them.

Andy

Guest Chelseadownunder

Hi Nick

Good question. Unfortunately todays best performer can become tommorrows under performer. Presently with about $2k in each fund consolidating into either would be good as far as cutting charges etc.. I would look at what insurances you have on each also to make sure you are not cancelling something you might need and also to make sure that your not paying twice for something.

As far as individual fund, you could get some more info from the relivent PDF from the supers.

Generally speaking the more risker/ higher growth potential funds have a larger exposure to the stock market. The more cautious ones will have more exposure to Fixed interest etc..

I hope this helps.

All the best

Steve

(I have to mention this is not meant as financial advice just one member of the site trying to help another)

Don't worry Nick, unfortunately that is the same as the majority of people. The thing that makes it even worse is the adverts from Industry funds devaluing Financial Advice.

Anyway enough of that, lol. If you PM me the name of the funds within each Super where the money is invested ie Statewide Growth fund etc and your D.O.B and email I will send you a report on them.

Andy

You are a sweetie - many thanks :notworthy:

Will go and hunt out the paper work.