Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Dimmocks

OAA - Paradise has anyone stayed there?????

Guest The Dimmocks

Not sure if this is in right section.

We have been granted OAA and have been given our address, it is Arcadia Avenue, Paradise, SA. We requested Port Adelaide area to be near to hubbys job initially and then look for longer term rental from there. They did give us an address in port adelaide but then 2 hours later sent another email with the Paradise address. I have google earthed both and the paradise one seems to be a bit nicer area. Shame it 40 mins away from work. Has anyone previously stayed here. Also what shops are close by, we need to sort out a car asap when we arrive anyone know of anywhere to rent/buy a car that is near by.

Thanks all, it getting so close now :)

Guest Kelly O

Hi

Paradise will be a very useful place to be based in the beginning for transport as there is the Paradise Interchange where there are many buses into the city and the autobahn which are like buses that turn into trains- someone else might be able to describe them better. They are really good.This might be useful when you go into the city to do all those initial things like driving lisence, Medicare , Tax file numbers etc. etc...

day trip tickets are pretty useful -I believe $8 for all day travel on all public transport.

Anyway, good luck with everything.

Kelly

Guest kangomik

Hey welcome to the Northeast:)

I don't know the exact house or road, but your in a good area, lots of shops close by, 10 mins to city if that, i reckon trek across to Grand junction road and your hubby will knock a chunk off that travel time.

There's a butcher's at the cambeltown shops and he is good, i miss not going there now:arghh:

I may have a drive by this wekend if i am down that way.

Take Oaa, it's not the ritz we know:arghh:, but its cheap and gives a good base. You have Athlestone shops too.... are you here in time for the morialta meet up? (10 mins away from paraadise)

Cars, make your way down North East road and then up north road....... if you havent bought anything by the time you have travelled those then you will never buy a car..... and don't buy one at the first place you stop!

You can easily do Port Adelaide from there in 30 minutes, and it's a really easy drive. Paradise is a good base, good for public transport as Kelly says, good shops, good schools nearby if you need those, and some lovely poms living not far away :wubclub:

As I think you only find out about OAA at the last minute, hopefully you'll be here by 21st Feb, and be able to come along to the BBQ at Morialta (see social section if you haven't already)

For a good hire car give these guys a ring: http://aussiecarrentals.com.au/ Not sure if Brian is still there, but if not I'm sure he's still in the background, and a nicer bloke you couldn't ask for. You can arrange an airport pickup when you first arrive and get the car sorted there and then, and in the past he's been really helpful to people about keeping an eye out for a good car to buy for his customers. If you'd rather use a company more this side of town, drop 'Toby' on here a PM - another nice guy! http://www.pomsinadelaide.com/forum/members/toby.html

Guest The Dimmocks

Thanks for your replies. I had seen the thread about meeting up, will definately try and make it. It all getting very real. We arrive on 10th Feb. We know OAA is basic and as long as it got beds and the basic cooking stuff will be okay.

Michelle

Guest dave

Hello The Dimmocks.

We had the same OAA in January last year.

It's really quite good. No hassle, pretty quiet really. There is a little park less than 20 yards from your door!!

It's got everything you'll need, washing machine etc. and the people who run it are really helpful.

There is a shopping centre about 5 mins in the car up Gorge road that has everything you'll need, including a Westpac bank and bottlo!

Best wishes and don't worry!!!

Dave

Guest The Dimmocks
    Shout out if there's anything you need to borrow when you arrive, we're only down the road.

Thanks for that, we may take you up on that offer

Michelle

Guest The Dimmocks
    Hello The Dimmocks.

It's really quite good. No hassle, pretty quiet really. There is a little park less than 20 yards from your door!!

It's got everything you'll need, washing machine etc. and the people who run it are really helpful.

There is a shopping centre about 5 mins in the car up Gorge road that has everything you'll need, including a Westpac bank and bottlo!

Dave

Thanks, I knew somone on here must have stayed there. Looking forward to getting there now. Just a quick question... Internet access, we bringing our laptop so is there anywhere that you can get to easily that provides it.

Thanks, feel better now.

Michelle

Guest Russfamily

Semaphore, next door to Port Adelaide is a great place to live

Guest The Dimmocks
    Semaphore, next door to Port Adelaide is a great place to live

We been looking at Semaphore for a longer term let.

Guest The Dimmocks
    Hey welcome to the Northeast:)

I don't know the exact house or road, but your in a good area, lots of shops close by, 10 mins to city if that, i reckon trek across to Grand junction road and your hubby will knock a chunk off that travel time.

There's a butcher's at the cambeltown shops and he is good, i miss not going there now:arghh:

I may have a drive by this wekend if i am down that way.

Take Oaa, it's not the ritz we know:arghh:, but its cheap and gives a good base. You have Athlestone shops too.... are you here in time for the morialta meet up? (10 mins away from paraadise)

Cars, make your way down North East road and then up north road....... if you havent bought anything by the time you have travelled those then you will never buy a car..... and don't buy one at the first place you stop!

Sounds like it should be okay. Should hopefully make the Morialta meet up. All being well.

Will be writing some of stuff down before we go to make sure I remember.

Thanks again.

Michelle

Guest The Dimmocks
    Hello The Dimmocks.

Dave

Hi Dave

How many bedrooms does the property have? We requested 3 but said would be happy with 2.

Michelle

Guest dave
    Hi Dave

How many bedrooms does the property have? We requested 3 but said would be happy with 2.

Michelle

Hi there

Yes its got 3 bedrooms, its all very basic, but is a good base to find something permanent.

Guest The Dimmocks
    Hi there

Yes its got 3 bedrooms, its all very basic, but is a good base to find something permanent.

Thanks for that