Sign in to follow this  
Guest Murphysegg

HELP - More Uk Letting Agent Hassles

Guest Murphysegg

A brief history - 2 yrs ago a job offer in Adelaide came out of the blue whilst i was living & working in the UK & after much deliberation I jumped at the opportunity to be lucky enough to make the move over here.

The relocation process happened in such a short period of time, that i had no option but to leave my UK property in the hands of a letting agent as it was all too quick to put it on the market.

After a number of disappointing issues with the Letting Agent over the last 18 months, i now find myself in a situation where they have allowed a Tenant to recently move in without me having been sent or signing a current Tenancy Agreement.

With UK Mortgage & VAT rates rising & previous disappointing dealings with the agent, I was hoping to pressurise the Agent into reducing some of their charges in a gesture of good will & to retain my buisiness.

I now feel the Agent has compromised my properties security as it's now occupied without any form of Landlords Insurance in place, so theoretically the Tenant could now claim squatters rights.

Does anyone have any idea how i should deal with the Agent, or should i just go straight to an Ombudsman?

Guest Aussie pat

Just bumping this up for you. Hope someone can be of help.

Guest the4hopes

Go straight to ombudsman they will give you best advise, then go to agent when you know what to say.