Guest rachinadelaide

Parents, plane seats and cheese balls...

Guest rachinadelaide

My parents arrived for visit #5 today -this time they are staying for 3 months....

They flew with Cathay Pacific and said it was a great journey - they thought the 'shell' seats were great (and my parents are both on the large side) because people can recline in front of you and it doesn't affect your space. I have heard a few negative reports about the seats on Cathay but my 'olds' thought they were great. Maybe they have different seats on different planes?

They got off the plane at Hong Kong to see a big sign with their names on asking them to report to an attendant....they thought they were in trouble for importing marmite, tapioca and Tesco's cheese balls. They had been selected for an upgrade to business class!! They don;t know how or why but they have now decided they can't come and visit each year as they will be saving for business class in the future...!!!

I've taken the day off work to be with them and they have requested the afternoon to relax. How rude!

Rach

After three trips out here with Singapore Airlines, my parents had enough frequent flier points to upgrade to Business for the return leg of the third trip.....

Big mistake. Huge!

They have not been able to bring themselves to travel cattle class since! They shop around and look out for deals, but it's business class every time for them now!! Talk about going 'ski-ing" (spending the kids' inheritance!)....

Guest rachinadelaide

I've just spent the afternoon with them and they can't talk about anything else. My mum has already started to form a strategic plan for getting upgraded for the flight home....that's 3 months away!!

It's going to be a long 3 months.....!