Sign in to follow this  
Guest kendra

Eats roots and leaves

Guest kendra

Thought Id do a bit of weeding before our open inspection, had my day well organised.

Heard the dogs yapping up the back, theres a huge wombat eating my strawberries!

Plants & all ....

Had a closer look & he seemed a bit skinny so captured him & did the 70k round trip to the animal shelter- -apparently he's a perfectly healthy elderly wombat with a taste for berries, theyve seen him before & released him.

So now we have fussy wildlife with a penchant for drives in the country.

Evolution has a lot to answer for.

Guest jen&ian

Hi Kendra,

Now thats the sort of wildlife I wouln't mind finding in the garden, my kids would have loved to see that! much better than the 8 legged variety of wildlife:err:. Hope he leaves you some strawberries though!

Jen:D

Guest dglamoore

Read that title and wondered what an earth I would be reading :wacko:

mmmm think roots has a whole other meaning over here :Randy-git: :huh: but nice to see no moderating required!!

Lisa:biglaugh:

Guest kendra

Yeah, its an old joke over here , dictionary definition of a wombat - Oz animal, eats roots and leaves. Sleazy guys were sometimes referred to as wombats.

The critter himself was amazingly placid - just occurred to me I should mention Do Not Try This At Home

They have very sharp teeth & claws, and its usually like trying to wrestle a small truck with chainsaws attached.

Sooo cute though. Even with strawberries dribbling down his chin. Aaaaw!:cute: