Guest mayjess

How manym of you are scared about the big move over to OZ?

Guest mayjess

Hello everyone, I was just wondering how many ppl who are intending to move to the other side of the world very soon,are feeling scared, apprehensive or doubtful of their move? come on be honest who feels somtimes that they are being stupid? who feels they are brave? and who doesnt think about it much at all?

Il start, I have been thru all this before, cannot believe Im doing it all again, some days I feel terrified, some days excited and some days I feel like an idiot, Im getting too old for this stuff (to put it nicely), my kids are 14 & 19 and the eldest cant wait, the youngest doesnt like change much anyhow. I feel like were gypsies and one day hopefully soon, we will eventually settle down and stay put,

Mayjess

Guest The Dimmocks

At the moment I feel excited a little scared but more excitement, im sure come Sunday some nerves will start to come to the surface. At times I thought OMG what are we doing, but that never lastest that long. I remember when our visa came through and I felt sick, it was really happening. I keep forgetting when I talking to people about our move getting really excited and blabbing on and on about stuff (like I do a lot) and wonder why they start getting upset. I will miss people really bad but know we are doing it for the right reasons and are prepared for the hard times.

Me and Justin are both positive people and hope this will help see us through some of the harder times we may experience when we move.

Theres mine x

Guest thekings

Mixed emotions, some weeks positive, other weeks wonder what the hell we are doing, just human I guess. We feel that the doubt is normal and part of the process

Guest needtogonow

Its the "OMG, I think you are so brave" statement that makes me think about what we are doing. But in the main I feel we are so lucky to be able to be so brave and experience this opportunity.

Bex.

Guest clare

im having a really bad week havent slept much and i keep askin myself are we doing the right thing are we gona end up happier and eventually have a better life. ive been up an down all week but feeling better today spoke on the phone to tania this morning she helped me (thanx tan) but later went out with kids walking round really made me think i live in such a miserable area not much work, only seasonal and heard some bad news about A friends husband:sad: my mums not really talking too me either and a couple of my "true" friend cant make it to our leaving do SO AFTER ALL THAT I HAVE MADE THE DECISION THAT YES WE ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING AND I AM OVER THE BLOODY MOON THAT WE CAN GO START A NEW LIFE AN PUT THIS #### ONE BEHIND US!:)

Guest mayjess

I think the thing to remember is there are no wrong decisions, because you learn from each road you go down. Its a new chapter in you life, embrace it.

Guest LEE & DONNA

it cant come quick enough for us, i get really down because i want to be there yesterday. it seems my life has been on hold for the past two years, with not being able to plan anything here in England. hopefully this will be the year that my business sells.

Guest mayjess
    it cant come quick enough for us, i get really down because i want to be there yesterday. it seems my life has been on hold for the past two years, with not being able to plan anything here in England. hopefully this will be the year that my business sells.

I know exactly what you mean,its as if since us coming back in 2007, we have been gearing ourselves up for the move back! its gone so quick tho, oh well not long to go now.

Mayjess

Guest rowy

We are about to move out of our home after selling it and move to a rental for 3 months before leaving for good this summer. Am totally stressed out and worried its a big mistake! Some days cant wait to go, some days think I have made a wrong decision. Feel the same as you. Is it madness or is it the best thing I will ever do in my life! Hope it is the latter...Penny

For the past year I have been extremely worried if we are actually going to get the Visa. We got the all in important decision on the 11th September, 'visa approved'. From that day I have not had one worry about if we are making the right decision or not to emigrate to Adelaide. The only worry I have is that I am actually worried because I have no worries.

We go on Monday 8th February and how can I have doubts when everything in Adelaide,is exciting, it's new, and all challenging. This is just what I want at the age of 40 years old. Cannot wait (two days to go).

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Its nice to know how extremely human we all are, I have not even got a visa yet, last weekend I was frazzled and winged, I must have looked a sight as hubby who doesn't like take aways ordered one so I didnt cook and I only really have to cook at weekends!!!! all becuase of the wanting and the waiting for the visa, the clock is slowly ticking, when hubby gets to old, my son wil be a lot older and may not want to come let alone he finds a 'serious' girl. :err:

I have no doubts, although I have 9 brothers and sisters with children to leave behind as well as parents and friends, for my family Oz is the right move, its just what if it doesn't come soon enough??

Friends and info as well as banter on here keeps me going and is addictive, :v_SPIN:

Guest rowy

Good luck Tony and Jane, am sure all will go well and look forward to your future posts, Penny

Guest mayjess

Personally, I feel the less you have here (UK) the less you have to loose, we have very little family we dont see much of anyhow, and have never had tons of dosh!so we may aswell go for it.

Mayjess

Greetings all you "soon to be in ozzies"! Just a quick note to say, having been here for 10 weeks, we don't question a minute that we've made the right decision. We have lost loads of money (applied in 2007 when house prices were high and exchange rate good) compared to what we thought but it is definitely right for us now. Furthermore, we have in-laws who have ping ponged for family reasons 3 times and have lost money, gained money whatever. But at the end of the day nothing is irrevocable and you could always go back. The jitters are normal. It's also normal for "good" friends to start backing off because they can't handle the separation and you may be surprised once you get here who does and does not stay in touch. But - it is an adventure and one that we can give our kids that most of us didn't get. For us, The kids have miraculously settled into school and love it (13, 11 & 5). Our eldest went to a competitive grammar school in the UK where b*** abounded. Here she has skipped a grade and is still at the top of her class but her classmates celebrate her achievements. Whether it's just the ethos of this school or not I don't care - it's working for us! Life has been challenging but we actually are spending more time together - maybe because in the beginning you only have each other. Everyone has wobbles at different times when you are here - but I can honestly say we're not looking back. It may not be for forever - but that's OK and people smile more when it's sunny!!!! You need to take things one day at a time right before you leave as well as when you arrive. Cut yourself some emotional slack and remember that you'll be exhausted when you arrive because of the emotional upheaval as well as the jetlag. Think of it as a great adventure because if you didn't do it - you probably would regret not trying. If it doesn't work out - you've still taught your kids that anything's possible and that you are willing to try. Best wishes to you all! I was more emotional during those 4 weeks prior to departure than I was in the past 4 years - but on a day to day basis, I actually don't think about being 11000 miles away as I still email and skype. I have a phone card which charges 2 cents per minute for UK calls so I can still have my hour long chats if necessary - just not the coffee.

Liz