Hello to all, i'm new!!!

cormcvcr

Hello everyone,

I am yet another one who is desperate to move to Adelaide.

I'm married to Andy who is a painter & decorator (and a damn good one at that!) we have two lovely kids, alistair (9) and Andrea (5).

We visited Adelaide for the first time in April 07 and fell in love, we have family there and are going through on a 495 skilled visa.

We started compiling all the information required in march/april/may 2007.

TRA was lodged 1/06/07.

TRA was passed 10/07/07

DIAC lodged 24/07/07.

We initially thought through advisement of our agent that we would be there if November 07, but much to our dissappointment that has now been potentially delayed anything up to may 2008.

Any advice or help that anyone can supply with regards to waiting times wold be greatly appreciated.

We have sold our house, in the process of trying to sell my car and have already transferred all our money to commonwealth bank. So we are just waiting on the nod then we are out of here!!!!

The sooner the better!!

C x:arghh:

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Welcome to the site C, and good luck, I dont know what visa you are going for. Ours took 4 months, that was STNI PR visa (dont remember the number) , our TRA took 4 months too, so yours came quick in comparison.

Make the most of your time left there, you will be here soon

sarah

Thanks for your reply, the visa is a skill sponsored visa, temporary for 3 years, the week after we submitted our application to DIAC we got word that my husbands occupation was now put on the skills in demand list and we could have been entering on a permanent visa, but heyho as long as we get there.

My cousin is sponsoring us, she lives in morphett vale, but we are looking at Hallett Cove!

Cx

Guest dglamoore

We also came over on an SIR495. From signing with the agent to getting the visa was 9 months so will be surprised if you have to wait as long as May unless they have a serious backlog :D Our actual visa application took 4 months and 2 weeks:o

The waiting is a killer and there is no easy way to make the time pass - as hard as you try to focus elsewhere it soon comes back to OZ. Just try and enjoy your last xmas with family and spend time with those you will miss when you move.

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Hi there,

how long ago did you make the move?

There is a bit of a back log coming in to effect because of the changes to the system on 1st september, they aren't taking on anymore staff to cope with the work load. We just hope that we will be fast tracked due to my husbands trade (painter & Decorator) now being put on the MODL.

thanks for your feedback, it's appreciated. You are soooooo right about the thoughts always going back to Oz!

Guest graandjac

:wacko:dont talk to us re time scale started so well tra back in 22 days application sent .........................then nothing (See below) money taken and now not even a receipt hate this waiting and our agent just says be patient, not good at being patient.

Anyway welcome to PIA great site with some great people good luck.

CHeers Graham

hello and welcome!

can't add anything either to the timeline really ... i try not to think about it really!

well, i check my emails a few times a day and the bank account and pia of course .. but besides that no oz on my mind:goofy:

since the medicals are requested already it should be fairly soon for you

good luck!

Guest dglamoore
Hi there,

how long ago did you make the move?

There is a bit of a back log coming in to effect because of the changes to the system on 1st september, they aren't taking on anymore staff to cope with the work load. We just hope that we will be fast tracked due to my husbands trade (painter & Decorator) now being put on the MODL.

thanks for your feedback, it's appreciated. You are soooooo right about the thoughts always going back to Oz!

We applied last October and got the visa in February - apparently delayed due to xmas backlog :D seems to always be one backlog or another :wacko:

We then moved here the end of April :wubclub:

Lisa

Guest happy-jools

Hi & Welcome to PIA.

We too applied for our visa recently (May 11th 2007). We have had acknowledgement and have a case reference number now.

BUT - our agent said dont expect a case officer for another FOUR months. Can you believe it. We were initially told visa would come through by October/November - so guess Im waiting for longer now!!!:wubclub:

Guest gragrax2

Hello, hello ;) Cormcvcr

we too are also looking at having Visa granted and being in Adelaide for around Feb \ Mar 08. i have applied for the Visa and my job was assessed by the ACS as being on the MODL list so we are hoping for a "fast tracked" application.

also looking at Morphett Vale or Hallett Cove as a likely place to live. Whats the chances of 2 scots families moving completely round the other side of the world and having Old Firm Game bbq's at ungodly hours of the morning:D

good luck with the application. i will put up a post when we come back from our reccie and PM you if you would like with all the details (names and places which would get me in trouble if posting to all)

Yip, sounds good.

Husband chuffed, as he enjoys the banter watching the games, from both teams!!!

it will be good to get away from the nastiness side of the games. When we were on our reccie in April my husband Andy, was out with a group of men from different supporting teams and had a great time, everything was taken in good taste, there were no arguments and we all had a good time sitting together watching football. BRILL, BRING IT ON.

PM not a problem. Look forward to it.