We're homeless

Guest deb and stoo

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Sorry its been so long since our last post but a shed load has happened since but now our container is filled (had at least another 5 boxes we could have got in) and on its way to Southampton to be loaded aboard the 'Maersk Saigon' which sets sail for Adelaide on the 9th September, the next time we see it is sometime after the 19th October.

We are spending the next 2 weks at my mums getting our affairs in order and living out of one suitcase each (each less than 30kg's) before setting off for Heathrow on the 15th for our trip to Adelaide via Sydney. To say we're all excited is an understatement but obviously this is tinged with sadness at having to say goodbyes to friends and family and so far theres been lots of tears (and thats just from me;))

We'll try and post lots more now we have some stress free time on our hands and be great to catch up on whats happening. As you may have noticed this post is much slower than usual as I'm still getting used to this laptop :wacko:.

Guest graandjac

;)Hi stoo and Deb, long time no hear fellow galaha, glad to hear that things have all gone smoothly weve now booked a reccie for october so expect a visit for some wine taisting, speak soon Cheers Graham

Guest Django

Hey Stoo,

Long time no hear. Glad things are going in the right direction. Have a good journey over and hope to be teeing off with you soon down under.;)

Pete

Guest theshearers

Hi Stoo & Deb

Hope your last few weeks in the uk are now fairly stress free.

Good luck to you all on your new adventure down under and hope to catch up once we get out there!

Best wishes

Vicki, Steve & Cameron

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Thanks for all your wishes and cheering words as we settle into this different sort of life for 2 weeks, also the fact we have a few squids in the bank now which is a first though we wont be tempted to spend any of it, what with the sharp increase in house prices in ADL at the mo, so it looks like every cent will be needed.

The job situation is still the same, just one interview with REX though National Jet is looking better now my old boss is working for them in Perth so we all have our fingers crossed here :D

Guest Guzzler&Sas

]

. As you may have noticed this post is much slower than usual as I'm still getting used to this laptop :wacko:.

I,m glad you are typing slower because i'm not a very fast reader;) , get the golf clubs ready.

Guzzler

Guest graandjac

I,m glad you are typing slower because i'm not a very fast reader;) , get the golf clubs ready.

Guzzler

:DDoes this mean Guzzler that we have a new member for the " Flaming Galahs " is this evidence of another golfer, and thats you not stoo as he all ready has a membership card. Cheers Graham:idea:

Guest deb and stoo

Guzzler

I think Guzzler should be the 'Flammin Gallah's' Adelaide local rep and inside info gatherer as his house (which he is kindly renting to us for 3 weeks) is perfectly situated on one of ADL's many beautiful golf courses and must have lots of inside knowledge re the golf down under.:notworthy:

Guest deb and stoo

Yo dudes

Thank you all for your best wishes as we count down our last week in the UK.

We're trying to stay busy tying up loose ends and doing the dreaded 'goodbyes' knowing that on Saturday will be the most painful :sad:.

We still dont know if we're on the flight yet as we being cheapskate standby passengers, but for 83 squids you cant be choosy though we are firmed up on the HKG to SYD sector and should have upper/premium upgrades so can see us getting some sleep :SLEEP:.

Then its a couple of days sight seeing in SYD before Virgin Bluing it to ADL to start our new life.......................we cant wait :v_SPIN:

Will be taking lots of pics and posting them on FLICKR and Facebook, we've already put the 'packing the house and putting it in the container' pics on so if you'd like a laugh at our expense let me know and I'll send you the link ;)

Guest deb and stoo
P.S how did you manage to get your flight sooooo cheap? any tips?

:D paul

Hi Paul

I've worked for airlines all my life so its a bit of a perk you get with the standbys, but because I've worked for this one for over ten years we are entitled to upgrades etc and hopfully be higher up the priority list, but the downside is theres a very good chance you wont get on or only some of you will which could prove traumatic :arghh:.

The links to flickr & Facebook are as follows:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stoobru/

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=700395683

:D

Deb and Stoo,

Good luck with the move and the trip over. Try all the courses out as when the gang arrives we need to find the best one!! (with the widest fairways for Gra!)

Great pics posted, looks like you got your way and taken all the books judging by the size of the container!!!

Chat Soon

Guest dale_jo@

Hey Stoo!!!

Now i know whay you look like!!!

Look forwards to meeting you guys,hope you enjoy you`re last few days!!!

Enjoy sydney !!!

C U soon!

PS: Big enough container!!!

JO

Guest deb and stoo
Hey Stoo!!!

Now i know whay you look like!!!

Look forwards to meeting you guys,hope you enjoy you`re last few days!!!

Enjoy sydney !!!

C U soon!

PS: Big enough container!!!

JO

Hi Jo

Oh no now you know what we look like do you really want to meet us still ? :biglaugh:

Yes container just about big enough, could have probably got another 10 boxes of books in ha ha but managed to leave a pair of golf shoes out for a couple of rounds at Old Reynalla, fingers crossed :)