Guest Dan & Rach

Furniture

Guest Dan & Rach

Hi all.....

So only 4 days to go until the packers arrive and i'm thinking about whether to buy some new dining room chairs to put into our container as our current ones are wicker and we're thinking it may be best to leave them.

I've seen some lovely chairs that we really like but not sure if it's best to just wait until we get to Adelaide. Are there many furniture shops which sell good quality furniture at a good price.....or should I get them here??? Decisions, decisions!!! My head is hurting!!!! :arghh:

On a more positive note only 10days until we leave!!! :jiggy:

Guest ZoWo

Hi Dan and Rach

We are moving back to the UK in 5 weeks, and have all sorts of furniture, including chairs that you may be interested in.

Good luck with you move.

Regards

Zoe W

Your not suppsed to have owned any items for less than 12mth and wicker they will probably be distroyed anyway.

If you love the ones you have seen buy them but unpack them so they look used.

But there are loads of shops over here and reasonable priced etc

HTH

We had to leave our old wicker dining chairs behind (even though they were originally bought in Australia) and have been looking for some new ones here. It depends on how much you want to spend but for anything decent you are looking at around $200 per chair. We got some cheap ones at Ikea in the end. If you have seen some you like then I would buy them, then you won't have to spend loads of time here driving around furniture shops. However, as the previous poster said, your goods are meant to be over 12 months old so try and make them look as if they've been used for a while.

Buy them in the uk It can get quite expensive here and the quality for your dollar is sometimes poor. We brought a load of new stuff with us in the original boxes cos I worked in a furniture store at the time and only paid cost price, still wish I'd brought more tho. They say they have to be over 12mths old but to be honest they don't bother.