Sign in to follow this  
Guest the terry's

Adelaide Hills

Guest the terry's

Hi all just wanting to pick brains etc. We're thinking of moving to the Hills or somewhere similar, what's the hills like, are there bigger plots, does it have seasons, how long a drive to the CBD, generally is it a good place to live??

All info please good and bad.

Cheers,

Helenx

Guest Jo&Phil

Hills are lovely (in my opinion). Plot sizes vary and it's a popular area so larger plots can be more expensive.

The website www.realestate.com.au is an excellent browsing resource and you might like to ask it to select properties in SA in Bridgewater, Stirling, Aldgate, Hahndorf, Littlehampton, Nairne, Mount Barker and click for surrounding suburbs.

All those mentioned above have quite easy access to the freeway and take 20-30 minutes into CBD most of the time. Mount Barker is the 'town' and has had lots of development recently so plenty of newer houses; Littlehampton and Nairne have also seen some 'estate' building around the old 'village' recently.

Poeple seem to like living there - different lifestyle from city suburbs and might suit if that's what you're after.

How about renting first to see if you like it?

Guest Nick11

We lived in crafers near stirling when we first came over here.

It is a beautiful little town.

We arrived in june and it was soooooooooooooooooo cold up there. Ice on the car every morning and it took me the best part of 2 weeks to dry my washing as it never stopped raining!!!!

It's a really easy journey to the cbd -straight down the freeway -used to take us 25 mins.

It wasn't for me. But have a few friends who are very settled up there.

Guest moonraker1959

I used to live in the Hills,and as another poster said,it is freezing up there in winter.We used to have our woodburner going pretty much 24/7.Commuting to the city(times)depends where you live in the hills.

Guest the terry's

Thanks guys for you help much appreciated. If you think of anything else feel free to let me know.

Cheers,

Helenx