Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest75

Jean Genie flies ( fishing trip)

Guest Guest75

Well we did get out today - set out at 4.00 am in decent condition.

Daylight saw it deteriorate out there (40k out).

Decided to run for home accompanied by a friend in his boat

Some of the waves felt like climbing a vertical wall - then smack! - into the next wave - or into the trough between.

Awesome stuff and great experience.Good to have another friendly boat nearby just in case.

Hats off to Darren ,my crew member for the morning - sorry about the bruises!

You did really well!

"I can flyyyyyy"

snaptrip130210.jpg

Nearly flying again

snaptrip4130210-1.jpg

No I can't fly - dumped in a trough

Snaptrip1130210.jpg

Another dump........

snaptrip3130210.jpg

Guest kangomik

Ripples mate, you watch those motors loading them up like that, won't be long before something gives.

Great fun in the chop, don't know what speed your doing, but sometimes "tacking" the waves can help with the landing and pounding. Just always becarefull of the bow digging in and swamping the vessel.

It's nice when they are all constant and spread, horrible when it gets messy, specially if your a long way out, though i have to admit have never been that far out from shore on a PWC.

Guest Guest75
    Ripples mate, you watch those motors loading them up like that, won't be long before something gives.

Great fun in the chop, don't know what speed your doing, but sometimes "tacking" the waves can help with the landing and pounding. Just always becarefull of the bow digging in and swamping the vessel.

It's nice when they are all constant and spread, horrible when it gets messy, specially if your a long way out, though i have to admit have never been that far out from shore on a PWC.

Allison boats are renowned for toughness - no timber used in any of the construction.

Some of those waves were like sheer walls:arghh:

We did a few tacks and ended up hitting a smoother patch so zipped up beam on.

We had a bit of froth over the top - waves up to the screen,then they jumped into the air - hung there - then dumped on us.A weird thing to see.

I did trim up a fair bit.Had some good instruction last year from a mate.

It was a bit harsh on the tub today but I'd still be out there if I took it any slower.

In the real rough stuff we were down to 8 knots - managed to get up to 15/20 when we were beam on but had to be very careful.

The last few k's we hit 32 knots which was respectable to say there were 2 onboard and probably half of St Vincent Gulf:biglaugh:

It was a really messy sea - there is a patch 15 k's out that is like a washing machine,just awful,you cannot judge the waves.

6 k's in and it turned to glass anyone there would have wondered what all the fuss was about!!

I didn't know you were into boating Mik - fun innit?

Guest soggy
    Allison boats are renowned for toughness - no timber used in any of the construction.

Some of those waves were like sheer walls:arghh:

We did a few tacks and ended up hitting a smoother patch so zipped up beam on.

We had a bit of froth over the top - waves up to the screen,then they jumped into the air - hung there - then dumped on us.A weird thing to see.

I did trim up a fair bit.Had some good instruction last year from a mate.

It was a bit harsh on the tub today but I'd still be out there if I took it any slower.

In the real rough stuff we were down to 8 knots - managed to get up to 15/20 when we were beam on but had to be very careful.

The last few k's we hit 32 knots which was respectable to say there were 2 onboard and probably half of St Vincent Gulf

It was a really messy sea - there is a patch 15 k's out that is like a washing machine,just awful,you cannot judge the waves.

6 k's in and it turned to glass anyone there would have wondered what all the fuss was about!!

I didn't know you were into boating Mik - fun innit?

your sounding like an old sea dog these days:):),

it does sound like fun though, i'm working on my wife to let me have a boat, long way to go though:skeptical:

Simon

Guest kangomik

Not too much boats mate, more Jetski's PWC's:skeptical:

Fortunate enough to travel the world with them;),

Been in a few big swells, and jumped a few Cat wakes, now they will scare you, big black wave then a huge trough on the back of a 20 ft lip.

Some nice stuff off mumbles North wales in Jan one year just near the wrecking yard, a lot bigger than the average house.:arghh:

Spoke to one or two or a few guys who do the big tow in stuff for the surf guys, now thats real scary stuff. Also had a good chat to a man who did a photo shoot for the big waves 40 + miles offa Calafornia. He was fine till the ski started to miss fire and a 30 + maybe 40+ wave grew behind him, thankfully it cleared and made for a wonderfull shot! Somewhere on a jet pilot, hot products site i think.

Used to work for Warrior Boats in the UK for a short spell, now they are good boats for just a leisure fishing market.

Had a good time with the Zap Cat, tiger cat guys over the years, those guys will go out in big stuff on 50HP ribs........ they do think they are the fastest things on H2O and get a little cheesed when you pass em at 5 am on a pond in somerset!

Trick with the waves is getting it right, which is easier to say than do, doing 30 knots up and down a wave and only travelling 10 knots forward is not much fun.

Sometimes being quick works, sometimes being slow saves the body!:jimlad:

Had a hell of a time once racing off the IOW, in the Estuarty to Portsmouth and southampton.

Aww and i tell you what is fast, secret service ribs, bloody quiet too, had them pop up on more than one occasion

Guest Guest75

Some video shot by my mate as well now..

Good to view in full screen with sound up......

th_000_0098.jpg

Guest DanandJanna

Who needs fish when you can launch off waves ey!

While I wait for a boat to appear on my drive one morning i might dust off and inflate the old seahawk 100, what a craft. We'v had some scrapes in the old tub, there was that time in nam and of course the infamous north west passage trip. Just need to find my puncture repair kit and we'l be on the high seas once more! :D