Guest ems

1 year in.

Guest ems

Can't believe it. How time fly's lol. As the title say's we have been here 1 year today and so far so good. That's not to say it hasn't been without it's ups and downs though.

When my daughter and i arrived we new nobody (other than people on the forum whom we had never actually met). Thankfully when we arrived at our apartments (Midway) we met a couple of families of the forum who were a great help for the 1st few weeks.

After finding a rental, got Alicia into school ASAP (trust me she was desperate lol) and finally started work 6th April after a few prob's with childcare. People sometimes mock these forums but i can honestly say if i hadn't of been on here my life would have been a whole heap harder. I would like to say u HUGE THANKU to the 2 families who stepped in and helped with my childcare over the past year, you know who you are and i think it's safe to say you stopped me going insane lol.

From then on it was a bit up and down as i was really not liking my job and the shift work made it worse with my daughter. That was 1st mistake coming on the 457 Temp visas as that meant it was not easy to change jobs. I decided to stay there and put up with it and made it my mission to get PR as i knew i didn't want to be in the hospital and the only other place i could really get a job on my visa was in another hospital.

Finally in November 09 i got the email telling me to leave the country for my 176 PR. It was a great feeling even though i really didn't want to go on holiday, but hey after the trip to New Zealand i returned as a permanent resident and could now start job hunting.

After having a great 1st Xmas here with my parents visiting i finally got a call offering me a job working as a road nurse in the community. No more shift work and being there more for my daughter will certainly will make life a lot easier.

I'm not going to say this has been an easy move, obviously we miss family and with Alicia leaving her dad in the UK it has been slightly harder for her, but at present there are certainly no plans of returning. We are enjoying life in Oz and are just looking forward to exploring more of what the country has to offer now things are slowly starting to sort themselves out.

For anyone coming over good luck and i hope you get what you want out of your new lives in Adelaide. As i said it's not easy but just remember you are giving up everything you know so take your time don't expect things to fall into place straight away, its hard work but well worth it in my eye's (IMO).

Guest ReadyPenny

Happy Anniversary Emma and Alicia!! What a milestone - a whole year!!! Time does fly and life if short, which is why we should all make the most of it. Sometimes thinking too long and too hard about stuff just makes it all the more complicated!!

You are now through the worst and from here on in it can only get better!!! Our turn in a few weeks, watch this space for my ramblings LOL

Mandy

Guest Django

Has it really been a whole that we have had to put with you? :P:biglaugh:

Good on ya. Its not an easy thing to do for most families and couples. As a single parent to make the move downunder I think you need a medal. :notworthy: Well done on getting over the forst year. You will find life so much easier now you have settled and have PR.

Heres to the next one. :D

Guest Jen & Did

Happy Anniversary to you both. Best wishes for your next one.:jiggy::jiggy:

Jen x x x

Guest ems

Cheers Guys.

Sorry Pete, think you might have to put up with us 4 quite a few more years lol.:P

Guest ems
    Looks as though we are doomed Pete!!!!! LOL

Thanks guy's. Love ya to LOL :biglaugh:

Guest familygood

Wow congratulations. Doing this on your own must take a hell of a lot of courage and strength. Well done to you both!

Emma

One word AMAZING! I hope 2010 is filled with more adventures and happiness.

I really don't think I could do this on my own and I agree this forum is great and your all my extended family and I know that if I needed it you would be there.

I am only round the corner in Sheidow park so if you need anything just PM and I will see what I can do.

Michelle

Guest ems

Thanks Guys.

Although it was quite daunting i'm a firm believer that if u want something bad enough u will do it no matter what. You can't live with the what if's.

Guest ReadyPenny

Just noticed your mood "Angelic"!!! Who are you trying to kid?????!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:

Guest Trakki

You are certainly an eye opener to many :notworthy:, to do this on your own with Alicia is great and you have shown that anything can be achieved if you believe in yourself and work hard. Also of course it is having fantastic friends, isn't that right Mandy :wubclub:, she couldn't have done it without us :biglaugh:.

Seriously though congrats on your first year and hears to the next x x x

Guest ReadyPenny

Also of course it is having fantastic friends, isn't that right Mandy :wubclub:, she couldn't have done it without us :biglaugh:.

Here here Tracey!! My god we are good :biglaugh: and :notworthy: to us too!!!!!! LOL LOL

Guest ems
    Also of course it is having fantastic friends, isn't that right Mandy , she couldn't have done it without us .

Here here Tracey!! My god we are good :biglaugh: and :notworthy: to us too!!!!!! LOL LOL

Ok Ok both of u :notworthy::notworthy:LOL.XXX